Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How trustworthy is Tesla's predicted "2015, 2016" supercharger map?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How trustworthy is Tesla's predicted "2015, 2016" supercharger map?

Slidell isn't mythical. The location has been confirmed as Fremaux Town Center.

I'm curious about the Austin, TX area on this map. It looks like there is another icon mostly hidden underneath San Marcos and another icon to the northwest of Austin. I have no idea what the hidden one might be. The one to the northwest of Austin could be the new service center, which will be in northwest Austin but not that far out. Both of these new 2015 icons are still missing from the 2016 map. Other than Victoria, the route to south Texas has been pushed to 2016. I'm not surprised.

On the Tesla page, the Austin pin is there on 2015 but gone on 2016. I'm wondering if it was something on the west end out of town... cut across 290 out to I-10 instead of going south through San Antonio.

If so, and it happens, I'm done waiting for the next revision and I'll just buy now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great work, but it looks like Tesla created a new 2015 map today.

See Tesla Supercharger Page for the new maps. The 2015 map in full resolution is at Full Resolution Tesla 2015 Map, and below is a cropped version of that map. Many Supercharger Sites deleted, but many remaining.

My first observations are that Denver, a Colorado Springs doublet, Jackson, MS, and the mythical Slidell, LA are on this map.

Thoughts? Can all the new ones happen in 1.5 months?

View attachment 101374

It looks like the Supercharger Page is back to the old 2015 map: http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/images/supercharger/maps/2015-northamerica.jpg?20151119

The link for the in-between, goofy map from yesterday is still live at http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/images/supercharger/maps/2015-northamerica.jpg?201511182

Very confusing...