Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC cable not delivered with my vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had a similar issue with the HPWC listed as a $750 option in the right column on our inventory 2015 P85D "offer" PDF document.
That's actually a completely different issue than the OP listed. His documentation did NOT list it at all, so he was never promised this, he just happened to find an old window sticker inside the car after he got it that has the HPWC listed on it, nothing about his paperwork suggests he should have one.

Your situation is different because the document that they gave you before you put your money down said that you'd get it, but you didn't. You had a legitimate claim on it.

That's actually a completely different issue than the OP listed. His documentation did NOT list it at all, so he was never promised this, he just happened to find an old window sticker inside the car after he got it that has the HPWC listed on it, nothing about his paperwork suggests he should have one.

Your situation is different because the document that they gave you before you put your money down said that you'd get it, but you didn't. You had a legitimate claim on it.

Yes you're correct. My HPWC situation was different. I mentioned our HPWC experience so other "inventory" Tesla buyers would be aware and hopefully avoid a "missing" HPWC in their final invoice that as on their Tesla inventory offer that happened to us.

No one remembers the HPWC being bundled with the Twin Charger? Am I hallucinating this?
It was a mandatory combo for a period of time. TM unbundled them just in time for my order!
(Paid old $1200 price for mine on the Accessories page, dual charger was factory-ordered and installed)

You are correct - they used to be separated, then became a mandatory bundle, then unbundled again, then people complained about having to pay for the HPWC when all they wanted to do was future-proof their car.

- - - Updated - - -

So, back to the OP's question, I ordered my HWPC as part of the car purchase (June 2013). They shipped it to me, separately, a couple of weeks ahead of the delivery of the car, presumably so I could have my charging in place before my car arrived. I am not sure what they would do in the case of an inventory car, but I would certainly ask about it--maybe its still in the box, sitting in a corner somewhere.

Question answered by Tesla: The adjusted price included a $1200 discount for the HPWC which had been included with the car when put in service as a demo/loaner. I was off by a month in my calculations on the discount formula. Thanks to all who offered suggestions and comments. Happy New Year!

I would have done the same thing if I saw it listed since there's no harm in asking. If you get it, great. If you don't, well you're in the same place had you not asked except that you won't be left wondering about it.

There's a reason for the saying... "it can't hurt to ask".