Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC / UMC2 to Roadster adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've delivered 6 of them! I'm waiting for more parts from the machine shop which is like waiting for Christmas. I'm also waiting to see if there are any problems with the units in the field to see if there are any other changes that need to be made. Thanks for your patience.

Do you know what version/date or whatever reference for the firmware it takes to get the "J1772 pilot over 70 Amps prevents charging bug" fixed?

I have a Roadster 1.5

Today was a huge day for the evolution of the roadster experience thanks to Henry - HCSharp. A few picture will help to explain my excitement.

20140611_170950097_iOS.jpg

The Model S to Roadster Adapter

20140611_171010394_iOS.jpg

Roadster Connector

20140611_171002779_iOS.jpg

Model S Receiver

The silver ring has a push mechanism that allows you to unlock the Model S HWPC from the roadster. The design is slick and so easy to use.

20140613_151854946_iOS.jpg

Plug the adapter to the roadster first and then connect the Model S HPWC.

20140613_164300834_iOS.jpg

Adapter used with PokerBroker - British Racing Green 1.5 Roadster - Adapter worked perfectly charging at 203v @ 70 Amps.

20140613_164446306_iOS.jpg

Second test was with Jason's 2.5 Roadster wrapped in Matt Black. Again the adapter worked perfectly supplying 203v @ 70 Amps.
20140613_175541273_iOS.jpg

With the Model S to Roadster Adapter you might see a picture like this one at your nearest Tesla store.
20140613_175204146_iOS.jpg

I'd like to thank both Ryan and Jason for taking time away from their job on a Friday to perform these tests. I'd especially like to thank Henry for developing such great adapter for the Roadster. This adapter will enable Roadster owners to travel between stores. For me, I live outside Dayton. I have a store East 88 miles away, West -120 Miles and South - 75 miles. With this adapter traveling in the Roadster will be so much more convenient.

Sorry Henry, but you're going to be getting a lot more requests after seeing this gem in action!

Sincere Thank you,
---Kent

I'd like to thank both Ryan and Jason for taking time away from their job on a Friday to perform these tests. I'd especially like to thank Henry for developing such great adapter for the Roadster. This adapter will enable Roadster owners to travel between stores. For me, I live outside Dayton. I have a store East 88 miles away, West -120 Miles and South - 75 miles. With this adapter traveling in the Roadster will be so much more convenient.

I'm very grateful for your report! Instead of each Roadster owner buying an adapter, each of the stores should buy one and have it available for Roadsters.

Now if only I can get my machine shop to hurry up and make more parts... Then maybe I could keep one of these for myself!

I'm very grateful for your report! Instead of each Roadster owner buying an adapter, each of the stores should buy one and have it available for Roadsters.

Now if only I can get my machine shop to hurry up and make more parts... Then maybe I could keep one of these for myself!

Beautiful! Can't wait to get one.

Henry: Thank you for developing such a nice adapter!!!