Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hudson MA or Auburn MA super charger if stopping?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of factors are at play, if you're going west, why would you want to drive north up 495?
Auburn has seen full a few times (think Thanksgiving/Xmas weeks). Hudson may see business
at peak shopping times, I haven't been there yet, but it is not far from my office. Perhaps next week!

I agree with @EdA, there are a lot of factors.

I've stopped in Auburn a few times now, and it's okay. My last time I was driving to VA from NH and got there probably around 11am. Every other stall was taken, and two "B" stalls were taken as well. For me, stopping in Hudson when coming south already is going to be pretty convenient, but if someone is coming east on the 'Pike, Hudson would only make sense if Auburn showed 4 of 8 stalls taken while Hudson showed 2 of 8, and you didn't care about adding 20 minutes to your trip.

Of course, if you're heading west on Rt 20, then it's 6 of one and a half-dozen of the other. Auburn is right along your path, but Hudson isn't so far out of the way that it's not doable. Stall availability would still probably be the biggest factor.

Depending on the time of day, the road the Hudson charger is on is crazy backed up with traffic, too. So you'll really need to ask the navigation system how far out of your way Hudson would be, and then roll the dice on how long Auburn would be full for.

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
Hudson has a Panera Bread right there, while Auburn has the absolutely awful mall food court a good distance away. That makes the decision easy for me. I live about 3 miles from this Hudson Super Charger so I doubt I will need to ever go there.
Fully agree that you should avoid Auburn if possible. If you are there before the mall opens bathrooms are available but no food.

The only time I would ever NEED either one is on the way home from the south. I live closest to Leominster, so if I need to top off before leaving town, I'd go there.

If my SuC stop in Danbury or Manchester wasn't going to be enough to make it home, though, I'd pick Hudson.

Hudson has a Panera Bread right there, while Auburn has the absolutely awful mall food court a good distance away. That makes the decision easy for me. I live about 3 miles from this Hudson Super Charger so I doubt I will need to ever go there.

Auburn has the pizza place right across the street from there, too. It has pretty good reviews, it's open until 11pm most nights, and 2am on Friday and Saturday. It's a heck of a lot closer than the food court, that's for sure.

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar

I think the closest SC is one you might most likely will use. Let’s say, your battery was low (unplanned) and you suddenly need to take a trip. Stop at SC for 30 min and go. Or you’re traveling, but need to stop at home to get something or pick someone up. Stop at SC and go. Not many home chargers can add a 150 miles in 30 minutes.

Hudson is my closest SC now too. I expect to use it occasionally. I think an occasional SC is healthy for the battery too (no proof of that, but I plan to do it). And occasional 100% charge too.

But the pizza joint has no restroom IIRC and no eat-in option.

Actually, there are restrooms (they are extremely small); but you are right no Eat-in option.

And no option to buy just a slice. I stopped in a few weeks ago, late afternoon, after having heard about it in this discussion. I didn't want to spoil dinner so was hoping to get just a slice, but no luck. And it's too far from home to buy a whole pie to bring home for dinner. So, I bought a bag of chips, so I could use the restroom without guilt.

If you are planning to cut the corner with 290, the Hudson one is just north of 290. I say, look at your charge state and decide if you can make the one further along, if so, take it.

Haven't used the Hudson SC yet, but I like the location. Half way between the Hudson, Leominster, and Auburn SC's.

Hudson SC has been "discovered"...full up the other day...

IMG_3103.JPG