Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 Upgrade from HW 2.5 with MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got HW 3 installed on Monday. Pretty happy so far. It’s alway fun to watch my car do new things, stop at lights and stop signs. It’s also really cool to see new things on th IC. I know there are already photos posted, but here are some similar, clear photos also showing red to green.

2017 S75 AP2.5 MCU1 to AP3.0 MCU1
View attachment 553398 View attachment 553402

Unrelated note: I like your Trip setting for Tire change/tracking! Good idea.

@PatrickCH4313, did you turn on the FSD visualization in the menu's? I have MCU1 and HW3, and I see traffic lights and stop signs after I turned it on. I also have FSD. I don't see cones, but I'm not that sad about that.

BTW, with the latest update, the follow car through the a green light works great! Sadly, didn't get the repeater side views with the backup camera though :-( I guess you need MCU2 for that (along with the cones).
I don't have any FSD visualization option in the menu. I'm still on fw 2020.20.12 and my database is still on EU-2019.20-10482 (june 2019) and it seems to be a feature for US only right now.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: CHL
Unrelated note: I like your Trip setting for Tire change/tracking! Good idea.
Thanks. More a curiosity than anything. Tires were installed in January, so running Heater a lot. I suppose once I get to a full year the KWh will have averaged over all seasons. So far KWh use is a little higher than the bridgstone S04 pole positions I had previously.