Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 upgrade waiting room: All FSD Tesla’s

Has anyone had their HW3 upgrade scheduled/completed yet???

• Yes

Votes: 96 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 498 83.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a prepaid maintenance appointment scheduled for January 2. We ordered the FSD as an add on back in March.
I just received the Service Estimate approval request in email.
The FSD Retrofit is listed in the Service Estimate!!
I’ll post again when I get the car back from the appointment to update the status.

Reactions: EinSV
Just as an update for me. I have a ~1 year old model 3. Have an upcoming service appointment to fix some trim issues. Was notified not available yet to update the computer and that as expected it will not be able to be performed by a mobile tech.

This has probably been asked before, but I have failed to find an answer, so:
For those of you who got contacted by Tesla about an upgrade, how did they reach out? Was it a text, an email, a notification in the app, or something else? From the service center of from the mothership? One-off or a template-based email? Just curious.

For those of you who got contacted by Tesla about an upgrade, how did they reach out? Was it a text, an email, a notification in the app, or something else? From the service center of from the mothership? One-off or a template-based email? Just curious.
The message I got regarding how I would be notified is “Good morning Daniel. The HW3 autopilot computer for your Tesla is not yet available. You will receive an alert in your MyTesla app once it arrives that will prompt you to schedule a service appointment for its installation. As a heads up, this service will need to be completed at your local service center.”

Reactions: ilyak
The message I got regarding how I would be notified is “Good morning Daniel. The HW3 autopilot computer for your Tesla is not yet available. You will receive an alert in your MyTesla app once it arrives that will prompt you to schedule a service appointment for its installation. As a heads up, this service will need to be completed at your local service center.”
This is in line with what I've heard from my local SC too. However, a couple of people at the local owners club that got the upgrades did not report receiving any notifications in the app. One got a text from a service advisor, the other one just stumbled into the upgrade while getting other work done like many in this thread. Hence my question.

This is in line with what I've heard from my local SC too. However, a couple of people at the local owners club that got the upgrades did not report receiving any notifications in the app. One got a text from a service advisor, the other one just stumbled into the upgrade while getting other work done like many in this thread. Hence my question.
Gotcha.

See #341 above

See #341 above
Thanks, I did see that, but that’s yet another case of the upgrade showing up on the work order for an existing appointment. What I’m looking for are those who were proactively contacted by Tesla - I’ve seen a few people report this, but nobody mentioned how they were contacted. With the service centers telling people to watch for an alert in there app, I’d love to find an example of this alert.

Reactions: Kmartyn
Our Model S has been in the shop for two days now. They claim to be having an issue updating the firmware on the HW 3 board. They also are swamped with repairs and upgrades and claim to be understaffed.
I could believe all of that to be true. One has to wonder though why are they still having issues with the firmware update. Pretty sure this is not the first one to be updated like that. :confused: