Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just wondering if anyone with MCU1 has been getting the HW3 upgrade without doing the MCU in Canada.

Have people been getting notified of the upgrade or are people putting in requests to get it done?

I just emailed them (Toronto Railside service centre) when I saw people on here saying that they had gotten the upgrade done & they got back to me very quickly to schedule an appointment.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I accidentally had HW3 installed in my 2018 Model 3. (Service appointment for other than, 052220). Took 4 hours, everything worked better than expected. No loss in ANY saved configurations. Graphics crisper, USB for Sentry clips is now formatted in vehicle. Clips accessed in vehicle (HUGE improvement). Traffic cones, arrows on road, road lines, stop signs, traffic lights visible. Navigation is better, Nav Graphics more crisp. Have not tried Auto/FSD yet but, look forward to the experience more now than a year ago.

Reactions: Gabbleratchet7
Model: 3 SR+
Year/Month of Delivery: 2019/06
Date of Upgrade: Coming next week.
Comment:
Well, I was in no hurry of getting the upgrade as from the report of this thread, we are still quite far for Model 3 delivered around my delivery date.

Today I got a msg on the phone about an appt for the HW3 upgrade scheduled next week without submitting any request. :D

I will report back once the process is done.

Has anyone on here had the HW3 upgrade done in Atlantic Canada via mobile service? Specifically on the Model 3?

The Halifax mobile service guy is supposedly going to be doing them this month, but won't do it unless you have other work scheduled as well.

Anyone knows if they have started to do the Infotainment upgrade from MCU1 to MCU2 along with HW3 upgrade in Canada?

Actually spoke with the Halifax Ranger a little while ago and he was under the impression that the MCU upgrades would be available soon. I immediately jumped on it and noted that I was eligible for the HW 3.0 free upgrade (which didn’t show up properly for him - unrelated glitch). We’re talking back and forth to see if we can sort out the details.

Could you explain more on the touchless drop off and pickup process?

Sorry for not replying sooner. Touchless really meant minimal interaction with staff:
* Instructions were sent before hand via SMS and e-mail
* The loaner vehicle had the paperwork inside it and I had to sign.
* Dropped the paperwork off in some designated place
* Dropped off the car in a designated spot. Left the card key in the vehicle. A person was there the whole time from a distance observing this action, then promptly got in and moved it inside
* Dropped off the loaner in a designated spot
* Picked up my vehicle in a designated spot

It's done.

In-n-out in 10min at dropoff (mainly waiting for rental car to arrive) 2.5hr roughly. Got a Benz C300 rental as a loaner.

Car finished calibrating by the time I was off Hwy. So no real chance to try any difference with NoA.

All the new animations are really cool. Can't wait for FSD to become feature complete.

I had the same experience. Mine is Mar 2019 build. Tesla contacted me last week and scheduled the service appointment for this week.

The whole process takes about 3 hours. Got the same C300 Benz from Enterprise. Probably the exact same car. Ended up paying $10 at a gas station as gas is not included. It feels so weird to drive an ICE car and use the gas station again.

Looks like Tesla is contacting the remaining owners that are eligible for the HW3 upgrade. Well at lease in the Vancouver area.

So far loving the new visualizations. Seems pretty accurate.

No noticeable differences but I only drove straight home and AP was calibrating half the drive so only got to see it on the highway a little bit. I still have MCU1 and it was buggy and slow until I did a reset. I’ll do more testing today.

• Informative
Reactions: Shaz
My May 2017 X is. You should be.
Doesn't make sense to me either, but this is part of the email I received yesterday.

"FSD retrofits are assigned specifically to VIN#. these are populated by vin specifically and at this time your vehicle does not have it available."

You would think a 2018 X that went into production on Feb 27 would be available. Plus the fact that I missed out by a few days on the new MCU2. So annoying.

Just picked up my MX.....and it's acting weird. I got in the car and did a full reboot (double scroll wheel and foot on pedal, also did the dashboard reboot). After waiting for the car to come back online fully, I started driving home. I noticed autopilot was not available. I checked my settings to see if it's enabled and yes it was and also had all my settings. So I am thinking it just needs to calibrate (though no message of calibration is displayed.) Another weird thing, my navigation wouldn't work either. It keeps thinking I'm still at Railside (took the 404 from Railside to Vaughan). I'm now home and I'm doing a full power off wait 5 minutes then turn it back on.

Hoping doing this will fix it...