Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW4 cars with FSD Beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never seen a Mnoroney report show the version of the Engine Control Unit that a car has.
The type headlights? Only if they were an option.

If you look at the options on the software menu, I think that that answer most of the "if equipped" statements in the manual.
That is true and I can look at it now that I have the car. I wanted to see it prior to delivery so I could see what was included and know how everything works before driving off. It is a type A personality trait.

Of which you wouldn't have been able to do on a car you bought on a dealer's lot as well.
That is not true. Other manufactures fix the configurations for the model year. Tesla adds improvements as they become available, which is great except you dont know what you are getting. HW4 is a big improvement and was not listed anywhere.. removing data connectivity on all USB ports - only glove box is active, lumbar support on the driver's seat was removed, matrix headlights were added (a great unexpected upgrade), cover for the hatch area of MDY.. and so on.
This model of production is a good one, but there needs to be a way for people to know what they are buying in case one of the features was important to them. I am happy with my car except they did not change the rims to the 20" that I requested through the app. I didnt want to reject it just for that, but it was annoying to wait months for a car and have one of the only options missing.

That is not true. Other manufactures fix the configurations for the model year. Tesla adds improvements as they become available, which is great except you dont know what you are getting. HW4 is a big improvement and was not listed anywhere.. removing data connectivity on all USB ports - only glove box is active, lumbar support on the driver's seat was removed, matrix headlights were added (a great unexpected upgrade), cover for the hatch area of MDY.. and so on.
This model of production is a good one, but there needs to be a way for people to know what they are buying in case one of the features was important to them. I am happy with my car except they did not change the rims to the 20" that I requested through the app. I didnt want to reject it just for that, but it was annoying to wait months for a car and have one of the only options missing.
So you know what the Monroney label of a car that you haven't picked yet is going to say before you chose a car at a dealer?

With Tesla you pick the options when you order, most other cars you pick the options most suitable to you from the options on the dealer's lot.

AFAIK, on the earliest Model Ys, the data connector was below the charging pad, they then moved it to the glovebox. That's the only place that I know that the data connector has been, all others are charge only.

And I'm sorry, I just don't fell that lumbar support, the location of the data port, matrix headlights, cover for the hatch area are significant enough to ANYONE to cancel their order. Actually, probably 98% don't even realize the difference (except for the cover).

The rim change should have been listed, as it is a line on the order.

So you know what the Monroney label of a car that you haven't picked yet is going to say before you chose a car at a dealer?

With Tesla you pick the options when you order, most other cars you pick the options most suitable to you from the options on the dealer's lot.

AFAIK, on the earliest Model Ys, the data connector was below the charging pad, they then moved it to the glovebox. That's the only place that I know that the data connector has been, all others are charge only.

And I'm sorry, I just don't fell that lumbar support, the location of the data port, matrix headlights, cover for the hatch area are significant enough to ANYONE to cancel their order. Actually, probably 98% don't even realize the difference (except for the cover).

The rim change should have been listed, as it is a line on the order.
My point was that the owners manual says "if equipped" on many items. I just wanted to know what was on the car I was purchasing. It would have given me a chance to get them to fix the rim issue and know what I am actually getting. They kept telling me they would send over an equipment list but never did.
I cancelled the 1st car because it had HW3 instead of HW4 and that was a good reason to do so. The one I took delivery of does have HW4.

You can't keep combining the wheel issue and the other devices. The wheel is absolutely a line item that should have been updated on your order. I believe that you should have been able to look at your order anytime to see if it had been updated.

The other devices aren't often known until the car gets on the lot. Once the car is on the lot it is now in the same spot that most all of the previous cars that you have bought are in. If you needed to know the exact, then an inventory vehicle may have been a better option (you know, inventory like most all other cars).

Looking at the manual, most all of the "if equipped" are totally obvious, did you buy it or not.

I upgraded to Model Y a few days ago. It has HW4 and 2023.20.100.1. It has the beta button grayed out, with a note that I have to wait for a future release. But at least I have Enhanced AP. It's just like what I had 3 years ago. Not at all like the very smooth latest FSD Beta.

I upgraded to Model Y a few days ago. It has HW4 and 2023.20.100.1. It has the beta button grayed out, with a note that I have to wait for a future release.
I downgraded to a Model X a few days ago and it has 2023.20.100.1 as well. According to TeslaFi the latest version with v11.4 is 2023.7.26. So we are quite a ways away.

What equipment are you expecting in an equipment list? There really are few options, hitch, wheels, that's about it.

And while some people may be walking away disgusted, Tesla, I believe, is one of the highest in brand loyalty.
My loyalty took a dive when I traded on my M3 for a new MY (with hw4).
I was to say the least quite disappointed especially by the fact that I had been blindsided by Tesla!

Loyalty coming back up now that I just downloaded and installed 2023.26.11.

Much improved over the version I had on my 2019 M3!

Is FSD Beta available on HW4 cars yet? I'm thinking about trading in my 2019 M3 with FSD for a 2024 Model S while Tesla is still offering to transfer FSD.
What's the status of HW4 FSD. Can the car do summon yet, how is the parking without ultra sound sensors?

Is FSD Beta available on HW4 cars yet? I'm thinking about trading in my 2019 M3 with FSD for a 2024 Model S while Tesla is still offering to transfer FSD.
What's the status of HW4 FSD. Can the car do summon yet, how is the parking without ultra sound sensors?
No summon yet. No autopark. Park assist was just ok until a recent update with the high fidelity addition. It works much better, especially for judging lines and obstacles. You have to watch out for protrusions like tow hitches and other things that stick out pretty far from the vehicle.