Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My common sense is telling me that a system based on vision is going to do a lot better if it can actually see something. Look at the first set again!
FSD can see fine during the day (at least from what I see on my dashcam footage). Even during the day it can't make a blind left turn, or properly change lanes at pace with traffic (among other gaping problems). I don't see how higher resolution and a better night sensor fixes that. I genuinely hope I'm wrong because I purchased this car so it can drive me to and from with little to no input!

My common sense is telling me that a system based on vision is going to do a lot better if it can actually see something. Look at the first set again!

Look at the Tesla engineer's testimony again:

Both fatal collisions happened in good weather, with great daylight vision, and the obstacle was the big gigantic tractor-trailer.

Clearer cameras won't fix this scenario for Tesla.

I have FSD Beta with HW3. Now they tell me if I get a HW4 car and transfer FSD, I will lose my beta privileges until a SW update. Even they told me if I add FSD to the old car it won't have it.
Because 11.4.x only comes in 23.7.x and if you buy a new car it comes with newer software. All newer software comes with FSD Beta 11.3.6. Probably because 11.4.x is not stable yet but 11.3.6 is.

Also there are 2 things here and no such thing as FSD:

FSD Capability Package (what you get and buy)
FSD Beta

They do not install the old one even I request in SC either.
It is impossible for the software to go backwards. So new factory software can only be replaced with an even newer version.

EDIT: Tesla is struggling with 11.4.x and Elon says 11.4.7 was to be released this week (hasn't happened). Hopefully it will start rolling out next week or two and after some testing be determined to be stable so it can replace 11.3.6 in current software. If ll goes well maybe in a month or so.

Reactions: asterothe
It is impossible for the software to go backwards. So new factory software can only be replaced with an even newer version.

EDIT: Tesla is struggling with 11.4.x and Elon says 11.4.7 was to be released this week (hasn't happened). Hopefully it will start rolling out next week or two and after some testing be determined to be stable so it can replace 11.3.6 in current software. If ll goes well maybe in a month or so.
Thank you for the update. So being a current beta user does not matter at all? Now we can request it at will and get at will beta user status as long as we have FSD bought. Is that correct?

My BS meter is off the scale. Why spend anytime struggling with obsolete code that will always suck when you already have a "total rewrite" so far along that it's already being tested by drivers and it's already "mind-blowing." It's all BS.

1692398643629.png

Reactions: DanCar
My BS meter is off the scale. Why spend anytime struggling with obsolete code that will always suck when you already have a "total rewrite" so far along that it's already being tested by drivers and it's already "mind-blowing." It's all BS.
Because V12 is a future product likely a year away. Elon started hyping V11 over year before it was released also. Plus this is about the 3ed rewrite Tesla has done. And it is at least the 50th "mind blowing" version. 🤣

Reactions: DanCar
When I ask for them to keep my old FSD HW3 car's beta capability, they say no to that even. (if I transfer FSD and pay monthly for the old) That really does not make sense.
If you transfer FSD Capability to the new car you will not have it in your old car. You CAN then subscribe monthly to FSD Capability in your old car (after having it removed). Once you subscribe you can then request and turn on FSD Beta in your old car. SC has NOTHING to do with this.

Anyone with HW3 car can subscribe to FSD Capability and request FSD Beta.

Because V12 is a future product likely a year away. Elon started hyping V11 over year before it was released also. Plus this is about the 3ed rewrite Tesla has done.

I get that. But it makes no sense to waste time and money on the current beta at this point, unless he is BS'ing about where they really are at this point. The non-Beta is the official code that people buy for $15K, not the Beta. So just freeze this now obsolete Beta, and focus the resources on speeding to market what will, in effect, be the new Beta. Yeah, I know Musk said V12 won't be a beta, but c'mon man, is anyone that gullible to think that when 12 finally starts being distributed that it's not effectively a beta since it's a complete rewrite? There's definitely a lot of BS going on right now. More than usual. Either V12 isn't really a complete rewrite, or it's just so far away in reality that it's not really "mind-blowing" yet. Who knows. I would love to be a fly on the wall. I would definitely watch the 5 part docuseries, if they ever made one, of all the BS that has happened over the years with FSD.

....he is BS'ing about where they really are at this point......
This is really all you needed to type. 🤔 🤣

Here is what he said about 11.4

“V11.4 is excellent. Several days of driving to random pin drop locations in Austin. Zero safety-critical interventions,” Musk had said.

There are “major improvements” in the new update, Musk said on Sunday, while adding that v11.4 should arguably be v12.0...." 🤪 🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited: