Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I’m Confused...Model S Order vs. Inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all - so I ordered a Model S long range back on 10/19. Still nothing from Tesla. I get they may want to liquidate inventory but...

A. If I haven’t received one now, I assume that this will need to be a new build not liquidated inventory (I’ve got a relatively unique configuration that I’m guessing if they haven’t found in inventory now...they likely don’t have it)?

B. If it’s not in inventory, what happens if they do a refresh...do I just get the refreshed version?

C. What if they try to push an ‘inventory car’ on me and it’s not what I ordered?

Apologies, I’m just confused at this point.

• Disagree
Reactions: boonedocks
I hope you have not given them more than the refundable order deposit. Don’t! It would appear that you have been caught between. You do not have to accept any config other than what you ordered, and you don’t have to accept the car you ordered if it doesn’t pass your inspection. If you are lucky, you will get refreshed, whatever that is. You are certainly waiting a long time! Have you gone personally to sales center to request an update?

I hope you have not given them more than the refundable order deposit. Don’t! It would appear that you have been caught between. You do not have to accept any config other than what you ordered, and you don’t have to accept the car you ordered if it doesn’t pass your inspection. If you are lucky, you will get refreshed, whatever that is. You are certainly waiting a long time! Have you gone personally to sales center to request an update?

Just echoing this. Well said.

Hope you get a refresh car with your config.

Good luck!