Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I’m Confused...Model S Order vs. Inventory

BieberFever

Jun 7, 2020
NYC
Hey all - so I ordered a Model S long range back on 10/19. Still nothing from Tesla. I get they may want to liquidate inventory but...

A. If I haven’t received one now, I assume that this will need to be a new build not liquidated inventory (I’ve got a relatively unique configuration that I’m guessing if they haven’t found in inventory now...they likely don’t have it)?

B. If it’s not in inventory, what happens if they do a refresh...do I just get the refreshed version?

C. What if they try to push an ‘inventory car’ on me and it’s not what I ordered?

Apologies, I’m just confused at this point.

• Disagree
Reactions: boonedocks

tomas

Out of warranty...
Oct 22, 2012
Chicago/Montecito
I hope you have not given them more than the refundable order deposit. Don’t! It would appear that you have been caught between. You do not have to accept any config other than what you ordered, and you don’t have to accept the car you ordered if it doesn’t pass your inspection. If you are lucky, you will get refreshed, whatever that is. You are certainly waiting a long time! Have you gone personally to sales center to request an update?

EV-CPO

Vendor
Jan 3, 2018
https://ev-cpo.com
I hope you have not given them more than the refundable order deposit. Don’t! It would appear that you have been caught between. You do not have to accept any config other than what you ordered, and you don’t have to accept the car you ordered if it doesn’t pass your inspection. If you are lucky, you will get refreshed, whatever that is. You are certainly waiting a long time! Have you gone personally to sales center to request an update?

Just echoing this. Well said.

Hope you get a refresh car with your config.

Good luck!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC