Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I cannot find 12 volt socket in 2022 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla does have an air pump kit in front and you can see by lifting up the frunk basin but not for the owner's use, it's dedicated to the air suspension system in Model S and X.

I used to have a Buick that had an auto leveling rear air shock system. GM thoughtfully provided a little panel in the rear of the car with an on/off switch for the air pump, and a Schrader valve. You could use it with a (provided) air hose to inflate tires, air mattresses, sports equipment, etc. It was really handy. Kind of a miss on Teslas part to not do similar. Maybe on the Cybertruck...

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
teslatirerepairkit.jpeg

Tesla was selling a "Tire Repair Kit" for $70. I picked one up to keep in the frunk. Looks like it's out of stock, but there are other kits out there like this. Decent part of a self-sufficient backup plan.

It's called Low Voltage Power Socket in your manual. Please open your center console and It's just below the 2 cup holders.

There has never been a spare tire in any of Tesla cars so your case is expected until consumers would demand Tesla to design one.

Tesla relies on Road assistance service but I think it's only free while your car is under warranty.

Some have bought spare tire and the tools so they can do it themselves.

Really give some of us older gents and ladies who live wit 12 v socket. Is it in 2022 model s yes or no. If no tesla put it in until we are dead and bury . Then remove an let
Younger age use what the hell they want
I used to have a Buick that had an auto leveling rear air shock system. GM thoughtfully provided a little panel in the rear of the car with an on/off switch for the air pump, and a Schrader valve. You could use it with a (provided) air hose to inflate tires, air mattresses, sports equipment, etc. It was really handy. Kind of a miss on Teslas part to not do similar. Maybe on the Cybertruck...
I guest I’m older than you think how about over 73 ? That’s it no more telling my age

However thanks for help but no one guess out my question? Ok I have this 12 volt light kit I would plug in my 08 Ford Taurus limited
Give me light where ever I twisted it. Come you younger guys I admire ? Do I need to auction car off
Oh about the flat issue? I it happens i call UBER. Thanks all fun
👍 HELP

Last edited:
It's a lot of waste as stats show around 80%+ of spire tires and tools are never used in traditional vehicles. One reason why most are doing away with it. Cellular service now reaches most places. You can get a spare kit from the modernspare but I sort of am regretting my purchase. It's big bulky, takes up 1/2 the trunk. A blowout is usually caused by you hitting something sharp anyway. Slow leaks you'll manage fine with a pump from my 7k road trip or stopping in a tire shop with $20.

Last edited:
Saw a video with a cooler plugged into a 12 volt socket in the trunk of a MY. I can see that my 2022 MX has only one 12 volt socket (cigarette lighter type) and it’s in the front console. So far I’ve only been able to put my refrigerated cooler in the front passenger seat foot well or in the 2nd row passenger foot well. You’d of thought that one would be in an SUV vehicle like the Mx, another one in the trunk. Any suggestions on how to get the cooler into the trunk area ?

Saw a video with a cooler plugged into a 12 volt socket in the trunk of a MY. I can see that my 2022 MX has only one 12 volt socket (cigarette lighter type) and it’s in the front console. So far I’ve only been able to put my refrigerated cooler in the front passenger seat foot well or in the 2nd row passenger foot well. You’d of thought that one would be in an SUV vehicle like the Mx, another one in the trunk. Any suggestions on how to get the cooler into the trunk area ?
See post #36 in this thread. 12V Access: Model S 2021 Refresh I've wired the exact same setup in my MSLR and it is convenient.

Reactions: Prairie
It's called Low Voltage Power Socket in your manual. Please open your center console and It's just below the 2 cup holders.

There has never been a spare tire in any of Tesla cars so your case is expected until consumers would demand Tesla to design one.

Tesla relies on Road assistance service but I think it's only free while your car is under warranty.

Most people don't seem to relate to the fact that every thing you put in the car, affects the range. This includes the big lounger car seats & minuscule items such as wiring & optional switches & dials - Plus, big heavy spare tires!
Tesla has been cutting back on the weight of the newer cars & redesigning components in the never ending quest for weight reduction and efficiency

Reactions: Prairie

Thank you very much for your message. I found it and saved me a fair bit of grief!

Reactions: Tam