Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Enjoy the Car, I Really Dislike Tesla the Car Company

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A car is transportation. There are hundreds of models which provide transportation. You like electric, well that narrows your scope. But that's your choice. The other means of providing transportation are all available to you.
Great, we're getting somewhere!

Now, let's look at that survey again. Let's assume that x% where x= {0,1,2,3...100} of people say that their choice is EV, charging infrastructure, quick acceleration. It's their choice, but that's their scope. So they have a very narrow scope they started with.

Wouldn't' that then imply that SOME of the 91% of people who would definitely buy again, would only definitely buy again because there is no other car that can compete with the Tesla at the moment, as defined in their scope?

If so that doesn't mean that 91% of people are happy with their Tesla (that's the point most of us are trying to make). If not, then well... there's no hope.

Am I happy with my provider? Hell no. Would I pay them next months payment (i.e. do it all over again)? Hell yeah. I don't want to be stranded to tethering off my mobile phone or some other slow form of internet.

And my point is that most people who were unhappy with a decision wouldn't say "definitely yes". They might say probably or even yes but "definitely" is a strong reply.

It's understandable. However, you are not being asked about a future purchase. You are being asked whether you would make the same decision that you made to buy the car, knowing what you know today. When you answer that question you factor in all those issues which you have with the company as everyone would. If amongst all the possible answers you choose "definitely yes" (not maybe, or possibly) that would be a pretty strong indicator that people are happy with their decision.

It doesn't invalidate the fact that there are issues that Tesla needs to work on, but in comparing Tesla's performance to other car manufacturer's, that's a pretty outstanding result.

At this point, would I buy a 2nd Tesla or a Model 3? NO

* Poor Service
* Poor Trim Quality
* Long downtime if you need parts

These above would need to get resolved first...

• Informative
Reactions: M0DEL³
And my point is that most people who were unhappy with a decision wouldn't say "definitely yes". They might say probably or even yes but "definitely" is a strong reply.
And I'd vote definitely yes. I like having high speed internet.

So you can't make the assumption that everyone would do what you did. Which is the original point we started with. You can't assume that 91% of people are happy. It's less than that.

Is it high? I'm sure it is. But it's not 91% (could it be 90%? yes. could it be 85%? yes. could it be 75%? yes. could it be 50%? yes -- some are more likely than the others, but we don't have the data)

Wouldn't' that then imply that SOME of the 91% of people who would definitely buy again, would only definitely buy again because there is no other car that can compete with the Tesla at the moment, as defined in their scope?

If so that doesn't mean that 91% of people are happy with their Tesla (that's the point most of us are trying to make). If not, then well... there's no hope.

No question that not everyone was happy. 9% to be exact. But for someone to respond with "definitely yes" (as I said above, they could've chosen a number of weaker affirmative answers) is a pretty strong statement.

• Funny
Reactions: Max*

Do you know how misleading surveys can be?

If the options were:
1. Definitely Yes
2. Definitely No

The survey could've also been:
1. Probably Yes
2. Probably No

.... and the results would've been the same.

Don't hang too much on the "modifying" words...

Do you know how misleading surveys can be?

If the options were:
1. Definitely Yes
2. Definitely No

The survey could've also been:
1. Probably Yes
2. Probably No

.... and the results would've been the same.

Don't hang too much on the "modifying" words...

I'm not, but I took this survey and while I may not remember word for word it went something like this:

1. Definitely Yes
2. Probably Yes
3. Maybe
4. Probably Not
5. Definitely Not

I have taken these every year from CR for 30 years. I'm a life CR member ;-)

If we were talking C&D or some other for profit organization, I would be suspicious. But CR is as straight as they come and they have no axe to grind.

11809675_388545021337966_1176263679_n.jpg