Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I feel like competing automakers want to push business to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whelp, Tesla did their best to push business away from Tesla and back to a competitor.

Mercedes dropped the markup on the GLS so we’re ditching Tesla and going back to Mercedes ICE. Turns out the market is correcting and these markups seem to be dying down.

Freaking Tesla… I was so close to having my dream Tesla garage. Frak.

Y’all have no idea how upset I am assembling the dream garage with two red teslas, then watching Tesla double-down and tell my wife she’s overreacting around concerns that the car shutting down and having her pull over make her feel unsafe.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Y’all have no idea how upset I am assembling the dream garage with two red teslas, then watching Tesla double-down and tell my wife she’s overreacting around concerns that the car shutting down and having her pull over make her feel unsafe.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Tesla - bum wrap.

Appreciate you sharing the specifics as I myself am due to take delivery of an X shortly and its helped me sharpen what to look out for.

But if I may be a bit frank...if your model X saga is concluding is there really much more to add to the story? I'm glad to hear it looks like you're finding a car that's better suited, but (respectfully) I don't see how this relates to the X forum going forward.

Appreciate you sharing the specifics as I myself am due to take delivery of an X shortly and its helped me sharpen what to look out for.

But if I may be a bit frank...if your model X saga is concluding is there really much more to add to the story? I'm glad to hear it looks like you're finding a car that's better suited, but (respectfully) I don't see how this relates to the X forum going forward.
Having owned several Mercs m, mostly AMGs, I wouldn’t buy a GLS unless you like a suv you wallow around every turn. We rented a GLS580 and it was fantastic on straightaways but once you start going in the bends, it sucked. Nobody in the car like it. Felt very top heavy and not planted. I much prefer the X7 or the X5 40i just not current 23 or my24 until idrive 8.5 is out. If you don’t need three rows; Porsche Cayenne S for the win.

Having owned several Mercs m, mostly AMGs, I wouldn’t buy a GLS unless you like a suv you wallow around every turn. We rented a GLS580 and it was fantastic on straightaways but once you start going in the bends, it sucked. Nobody in the car like it. Felt very top heavy and not planted. I much prefer the X7 or the X5 40i just not current 23 or my24 until idrive 8.5 is out. If you don’t need three rows; Porsche Cayenne S for the win.
I do like the MX though, it drives very well and the power is amazing. It was also very quiet and nothing really competes with it yet. It’s a real shame you had a bad experience

Check out these two threads. While the problems seem unrelated, they point to two separate concerns that myself and my wife have. I used to work end assembly in automotive manufacturing. And my wife places the safety of our children paramount.

I wanted Tesla to fix a major defect on the rear hatch. My wife wanted Tesla to discuss how she felt a car that threw error codes necessitating her to pull over (within the first ~250-300 miles) made her feel unsafe.

Tesla wasted 30 days and still never sent the body shop any parts to address the el-cheap-o manufacturing defect. Tesla refuses to speak with my wife about how the error codes make her feel unsafe. Because "all cars could break down", so a Tesla which effectively rejected its want to drive forward is totally ok.

Both of these defects occurred so early, that my wife and I felt Tesla should have just done a mulligan and replaced the car. But Tesla refused; but now they will do a buyback. Unfortunately my wife is so angry now that she won't contemplate another Model X. Tesla is just too arrogant. If they simply said "hey ma'am you're right let's just hit reset" I'd be in a Model X right now. But instead Tesla told us "you took delivery it's your freaking problem and blah blah wah wah quit complaining" just didn't sit well with her. Legally though, the car was operated for 5 days and out of commission for 30. So it's a lemon.

Last edited:
well my mx has zero issues o than a dead fob i fixed... know several o mx owners locally w years of ownership and zero issues as well...

mx is pure pleasure to have...

tesla is top dog...

Last edited:
I hate when they shine tires. Many owners don’t like that garbage either. Tires are not meant to be shined. Looks like you drove off a sleezy used car dealship.

Lolol so Mercedes does what you hate. They coat the wheels with some liquid armorall stuff. But it’s weak so when you drive it flings the crap all over your doors and fenders.

I don’t know what’s worse… dirty azz new Tesla with litter inside or greasy azz car with armorall splatter? Probably both suck haha. But Tesla getting lemoned out before I get the plates from the DMV is the worst.

Btw since you all like to hear about how other automakers suck… the AMG fender flare fell off the front and the car only has 50 miles on it so far. Lololol. GLS450? More like GLS404-part-not-found.

IMG_6314.jpeg

I just got back from the Ford dealership. I saw 6 transit passenger wagons on the commercial lot. The associate barely even got up to acknowledge we were there. All six are sold and there is two year wait but they are not taking orders. He didn’t even try to make a future sale. I’m guessing his position will be eliminated before I get a new transit van.

I just got back from the Ford dealership. I saw 6 transit passenger wagons on the commercial lot. The associate barely even got up to acknowledge we were there. All six are sold and there is two year wait but they are not taking orders. He didn’t even try to make a future sale. I’m guessing his position will be eliminated before I get a new transit van.

The local Livermore, CA Ford dealership has 20 F150 Lightnings… all for MSRP. Even a Platinum. Dunno what @jboy210 is waiting for…

The local Livermore, CA Ford dealership has 20 F150 Lightnings… all for MSRP. Even a Platinum. Dunno what @jboy210 is waiting for…
They had well north of 40 trucks on the lot. And the number of Expeditions was up to close to 10. More than I have ever seen in the past two years. They even had an eTransit in the lot (probably already sold if I had a seats decent AC and an NACS charge port is considered it for a mico second. (170 mile range isn’t a selling point for me)

Whohooooo..

Got a BMW i4 and I'm dumping this P3
Cash from the MX buyback cleared this morning
Loan from the MX shows closed

Finally get to move on from Tesla. Their reps said cars that shut down and don't operate safely are normal for Tesla. I'm not going to risk putting my family in their cars hoping the cars are reliable to operate on the roadway. And Tesla told me to not buy Tesla if I value safety, so I won't. Moving on feels good.

The mods (@bmah ?) should rename this thread to "other automakers push folks to Tesla, but Tesla pushes to other automakers"

What sucks is the secondary market almost refuses to touch Teslas on trade. Only one dealer here in East Bay would even discuss a reasonable offer for taking a Perf 3 on a trade. But it's still worth it to dump Tesla out of what once was supposed to be a dream Tesla garage.

Edit: @mswlogo, BMW also does what you hate. They coat the tires with liquid armorall and it looks like azz. Had to take a rag to wipe that off before taking delivery lol. But at least there is no messed up e-coat and paint on a BMW.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
Thanks for reminding me to update my signature. We decided not to get the Ford. Too many issues and with Ford, GM, etc. moving to NACS that may trigger some other changes. Plus, there are the issues with other charging networks.

I hope Tesla starts delivering 3LRs with the updates soon so we can order the new one. I will update my signature again when we get the new 3LR.

Last edited:
I doubt it. I don't really need a truck and not sure it would fit in the garage. Plus, I can use the cash to buy more stocks.

Why buy stocks when you can get more Powerwalls and baller vehicles?

I need to see if @sunwarriors will trade me his Encharge system for my Powerwalls. And maybe @h2ofun will trade me his J1772 Gen 3 wall connector for one of my NACS ones.