Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I feel like competing automakers want to push business to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whohooooo..

Got a BMW i4 and I'm dumping this P3
Cash from the MX buyback cleared this morning
Loan from the MX shows closed

Finally get to move on from Tesla. Their reps said cars that shut down and don't operate safely are normal for Tesla. I'm not going to risk putting my family in their cars hoping the cars are reliable to operate on the roadway. And Tesla told me to not buy Tesla if I value safety, so I won't. Moving on feels good.

The mods (@bmah ?) should rename this thread to "other automakers push folks to Tesla, but Tesla pushes to other automakers"

What sucks is the secondary market almost refuses to touch Teslas on trade. Only one dealer here in East Bay would even discuss a reasonable offer for taking a Perf 3 on a trade. But it's still worth it to dump Tesla out of what once was supposed to be a dream Tesla garage.

Edit: @mswlogo, BMW also does what you hate. They coat the tires with liquid armorall and it looks like azz. Had to take a rag to wipe that off before taking delivery lol. But at least there is no messed up e-coat and paint on a BMW.
Congrats on your new BMW i4! Glad to hear your MX buyback has been completed!

Update for those of you want to know what happens when other automakers push you to Tesla, then Tesla tells you to never buy Tesla again. Mercedes is so good for far less money. Having an actual interior again is so nice. @h2ofun , since you're retired, you definitely want massaging seats man. Make it happen.

GLS is $400/month cheaper than the Model X.

That red Model 3 literally depreciated $10,000 in the month since we sold it (based on the latest offers Vroom, KBB, Carmax, Carvana, etc), and that EQS costs $10,000 per year. I count this as a mega-win.

What's not shown here is a BMW i4 that even when combined in here costs less per month to lease than what the two Teslas cost (before depreciation). Basically, not having Tesla is saving us money and we get 50% more car.

The only problem is the white baby car seat doesn't match the black interior :(

1690576981654.png

1690576947838.png