Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I found the rattle--it was my own USB memory sticks! I'm totally in love again.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a car rattle obsessive. My last car, a Mercedes CL500, had a consistent rattle in the two wood trim pieces around the seat controls. No matter what was tried, the rattle kept coming back. So when I started hearing a similar rattle going over bumps in my 1-month old Model S, I went crazy pushing on different parts of the dash trying to find the source. I was just about the call the Service Center when I continued my search in the arm rest area and found the USB Memory Sticks. I pulled them out and the rattle was gone! I'm sorry I ever doubted--I hope I am forgiven.
PS: I found different type of stick that eliminates the rattle.

I'm a car rattle obsessive. My last car, a Mercedes CL500, had a consistent rattle in the two wood trim pieces around the seat controls. No matter what was tried, the rattle kept coming back. So when I started hearing a similar rattle going over bumps in my 1-month old Model S, I went crazy pushing on different parts of the dash trying to find the source. I was just about the call the Service Center when I continued my search in the arm rest area and found the USB Memory Sticks. I pulled them out and the rattle was gone! I'm sorry I ever doubted--I hope I am forgiven.
PS: I found different type of stick that eliminates the rattle.

Nice! Glad to hear it all worked out. Rattles especially in an almost silent car would annoy anyone I think.

Funny story: I had a kind of squeak sound I would notice about half way to work every day. Drove me nuts trying to find it. It turned out to be my take-out coffee cup squeaking against the cup holder "cinchers" when the cup got to about about half full! Duh!

I had a similar experience...

I kept hearing this light thud when I made turns. My OCD fixated on it and it took me a few days to realize it was the spiral bound Tesla manuals in the glovebox.

Ugh...but problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I had a similar experience...

I kept hearing this light thud when I made turns. My OCD fixated on it and it took me a few days to realize it was the spiral bound Tesla manuals in the glovebox.

Ugh...but problem solved.
With sufficient cornering aggressiveness, I've found the J1772 adapter can come out of its nook as well.

I was at a Lexus dealer once and someone was agitated yelling at the service guy saying "my one month old luxury car is not supposed to make 'clunking' noises when I go around corners!!!" Just then a mechanic came out from the service bay and said "I found the problem... this Perrier bottle was under the driver's seat rolling back and forth hitting the seat rails!"