Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have obtained a service manual

Footbag

Jun 29, 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Working under the assumption it is a web page with "NEXT" buttons on it, could you use an autohotkey script to press next repeatedly every ~5s while also having the screen recorded? (would then be a video, but better than nothing). Or perhaps AHK could also do a copy/paste of the text (might miss diagrams, but would be helpful for searching/knowing roughly where to go in the video). Just ideas. Please work within the restrictions of any terms of service applicable to the service manual.

Btr_ftw

Court Jester
Dec 19, 2015
Mass
looking through the legal writing..

"Without waiving any of the foregoing rights, you may download and print one copy of information from theSite for personal use during the term of your subscription, provided that you keep intact all copyright and otherproprietary notices."

Reactions: Anssi

tga

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2014
New Hampshire
24 access license.

Any clever ways to print this for future viewing?

Very helpful manual here
Can you do much without the magic Tesla software on a diagnostic laptop? The speculation has always been the manual would be useless without tools that us mere mortals can't get.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
GM makes service manual DVDs, and locks them to a PC. You know what the community did, because you can't copy the DVD?

make the whole thing a VM. OS and all. Lol. I didn't know it wasn't legit, I got a did on eBay. And that's what it was...

(virtual machine). Mount the DVD as a virtual drive within the VM. Tada! Lol.

Btr_ftw

Court Jester
Dec 19, 2015
Mass
Can you do much without the magic Tesla software on a diagnostic laptop? The speculation has always been the manual would be useless without tools that us mere mortals can't get.

This is beneficial to me to find out where things live in the car. Also where the high voltage lives and how to not get killed. The magic diagnostic stuff will come later

mobe

Jun 4, 2015
Joplin, Missouri
If you get a chance could you look up and describe how to remove the lower rocker covers, ( under the door )? I have been trying to find out for months but so far no luck.

Sean Dunn

Feb 12, 2015
Hillsboro, OR
24 access license.

Any clever ways to print this for future viewing?

Very helpful manual here

I'm not sure what kind of viewer software it is. Pure .PDF? download.

Or go to each page and hold down Windows Key + Prt Scr.

I totally wouldn't be opposed if somehow I got a copy of the maximal current draw/wattage for the power buses and details on how to get at the USB ports + 12V cigarette lighter in the center console without damaging stuff. :wink:

I'm hoping to make a little side project of retrofitting in USB-C + PD. I'm really hoping that I can get at least 100W of power to support up to profile 5 on at least one port. Charge my laptop from the Tesla for those long car rides!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC