TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I have obtained a service manual

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Btr_ftw, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Btr_ftw

Btr_ftw Court Jester

#1 Btr_ftw, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    24 access license.

Any clever ways to print this for future viewing?

Very helpful manual here

• Like x 1
  2. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Be careful. I believe the terms of usage prohibit bulk download and Tesla states they can detect such activity.

3. Footbag

Footbag Member

Working under the assumption it is a web page with "NEXT" buttons on it, could you use an autohotkey script to press next repeatedly every ~5s while also having the screen recorded? (would then be a video, but better than nothing). Or perhaps AHK could also do a copy/paste of the text (might miss diagrams, but would be helpful for searching/knowing roughly where to go in the video). Just ideas. Please work within the restrictions of any terms of service applicable to the service manual.

4. Mike K

Mike K Member

Accessing it on a Mac? Just hit Command+Shift+3 for every page and you'll get a full page screen shot saved to your desktop.

5. Btr_ftw

Btr_ftw Court Jester

looking through the legal writing..

"Without waiving any of the foregoing rights, you may download and print one copy of information from theSite for personal use during the term of your subscription, provided that you keep intact all copyright and otherproprietary notices."

• Like x 1
  6. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

7. tga

tga Active Member

Can you do much without the magic Tesla software on a diagnostic laptop? The speculation has always been the manual would be useless without tools that us mere mortals can't get.

8. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

GM makes service manual DVDs, and locks them to a PC. You know what the community did, because you can't copy the DVD?

make the whole thing a VM. OS and all. Lol. I didn't know it wasn't legit, I got a did on eBay. And that's what it was...

(virtual machine). Mount the DVD as a virtual drive within the VM. Tada! Lol.

9. Btr_ftw

Btr_ftw Court Jester

This is beneficial to me to find out where things live in the car. Also where the high voltage lives and how to not get killed. The magic diagnostic stuff will come later

10. mobe

mobe Member

If you get a chance could you look up and describe how to remove the lower rocker covers, ( under the door )? I have been trying to find out for months but so far no luck.

11. Sean Dunn

Sean Dunn Member

I'm not sure what kind of viewer software it is. Pure .PDF? download.

Or go to each page and hold down Windows Key + Prt Scr.

I totally wouldn't be opposed if somehow I got a copy of the maximal current draw/wattage for the power buses and details on how to get at the USB ports + 12V cigarette lighter in the center console without damaging stuff. :wink:

I'm hoping to make a little side project of retrofitting in USB-C + PD. I'm really hoping that I can get at least 100W of power to support up to profile 5 on at least one port. Charge my laptop from the Tesla for those long car rides!

12. kinkikings

kinkikings New Member

I'm very interested in that.Can you show me the detail of the front row seats part?

13. Sir Guacamolaf

Sir Guacamolaf The good kind of fat

You have my full support in putting this as a torrent. For a company that prides itself in opening all their patents, restricting their service manuals is a bit of a double standard.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  14. Btr_ftw

Btr_ftw Court Jester

15. jelloslug

jelloslug Member

Print as a pdf.

16. icdevin

icdevin Member

17. Lex

Lex Member

Once there's enough of them, there's always Haynes :D

18. cynix

cynix Member

There's a shop on Taobao (Chinese equivalent of eBay) selling access to Model S/X service manuals and the Toolbox software.