Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have obtained a service manual

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Working under the assumption it is a web page with "NEXT" buttons on it, could you use an autohotkey script to press next repeatedly every ~5s while also having the screen recorded? (would then be a video, but better than nothing). Or perhaps AHK could also do a copy/paste of the text (might miss diagrams, but would be helpful for searching/knowing roughly where to go in the video). Just ideas. Please work within the restrictions of any terms of service applicable to the service manual.

looking through the legal writing..

"Without waiving any of the foregoing rights, you may download and print one copy of information from theSite for personal use during the term of your subscription, provided that you keep intact all copyright and otherproprietary notices."

Reactions: Anssi
GM makes service manual DVDs, and locks them to a PC. You know what the community did, because you can't copy the DVD?

make the whole thing a VM. OS and all. Lol. I didn't know it wasn't legit, I got a did on eBay. And that's what it was...

(virtual machine). Mount the DVD as a virtual drive within the VM. Tada! Lol.

Can you do much without the magic Tesla software on a diagnostic laptop? The speculation has always been the manual would be useless without tools that us mere mortals can't get.

This is beneficial to me to find out where things live in the car. Also where the high voltage lives and how to not get killed. The magic diagnostic stuff will come later

24 access license.

Any clever ways to print this for future viewing?

Very helpful manual here

I'm not sure what kind of viewer software it is. Pure .PDF? download.

Or go to each page and hold down Windows Key + Prt Scr.

I totally wouldn't be opposed if somehow I got a copy of the maximal current draw/wattage for the power buses and details on how to get at the USB ports + 12V cigarette lighter in the center console without damaging stuff. :wink:

I'm hoping to make a little side project of retrofitting in USB-C + PD. I'm really hoping that I can get at least 100W of power to support up to profile 5 on at least one port. Charge my laptop from the Tesla for those long car rides!