Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need some help please! Please take a look!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I'll make this simple and to the point. I found this....Cars for Sale: Used 2013 Tesla Model S in Performance, Oklahoma City OK: 73109 Details - Hatchback - Autotrader

It totally seems too good to be true. I ran the vin on google and it popped up with the same car on ebay a few months ago, and the asking price was 50 something and it was not in the same state. I checked out the dealers website and he has lots of cars at dirt cheap prices. He has an 09 GTR at like 38K. Thats low! Anyways, can someone help me out with some detective work. I'd love to fly down and supercharge this bad boy all the way back to Idaho, but I think something is up. Thanks everyone!!

Oh, I should probably note that we were in Salt Lake City yeserday at Tesla, and they have a 2013 s 85 that was a demo car with 38k miles and they are asking 45,500. So I feel like there is a chance this listing could be real... But my gut is telling me otherwise.

I think it's a scam. I've purchased many used cars and this one has red flags for me. P85 for $34K really?
I would say based on the prices on their website that they are all probably salvaged (rebuilt) title. But the fact,
the same car shows up on two dealers inventory pages,...Red Flag Red Flag.

Hey everyone, I'll make this simple and to the point. I found this....Cars for Sale: Used 2013 Tesla Model S in Performance, Oklahoma City OK: 73109 Details - Hatchback - Autotrader

It totally seems too good to be true. I ran the vin on google and it popped up with the same car on ebay a few months ago, and the asking price was 50 something and it was not in the same state. I checked out the dealers website and he has lots of cars at dirt cheap prices. He has an 09 GTR at like 38K. Thats low! Anyways, can someone help me out with some detective work. I'd love to fly down and supercharge this bad boy all the way back to Idaho, but I think something is up. Thanks everyone!!

Here is an ad that has a few more pictures. Note that a couple numbers were transposed for the mileage.

That is a correct VIN for 2013. 3200 is about the start of 2013 cars.

Check out the title. If it pans out it could be the real deal.

It's definitely a performance model. Look at the pedals.

2013 Tesla Model S P85 PERFORMANCE TECH PKG

You could also bid on the car by Ingineer. You know that's a good one. Auction ends tomorrow.

2014 Tesla Model S Tech Package (Navigation, Ambient Lights) | eBay

Last edited:
Here is an ad that has a few more pictures. Note that a couple numbers were transposed for the mileage.

You could also bid on the car by Ingineer. You know that's a good one. Auction ends tomorrow.

Man good work! If I am going to even think about looking at the car, I think I'll contact the seller from the eBay listing. I'd start there. I really like that second car you sent, but I've heard that rebuilt title cars are no longer eligible for superchargers.

Anyone can buy the pedals from Tesla now and install them. They weren't available for long time, but are now. Also anyone can buy badging from eBay as well. Anything too good to be true, usually isn't.

Reactions: Wilso566
Man good work! If I am going to even think about looking at the car, I think I'll contact the seller from the eBay listing. I'd start there. I really like that second car you sent, but I've heard that rebuilt title cars are no longer eligible for superchargers.

You have to pay $2500 to recertify a car with salvage title before service center will work on it. Superchargers still work. You can also read about it in the for sale section of this forum. No trust issues with Ingineer.

Anyone can buy the pedals from Tesla now and install them. They weren't available for long time, but are now. Also anyone can buy badging from eBay as well. Anything too good to be true, usually isn't.

True about the pedals but in this case that's not part of the fraud. How did a Maryland car end up in Oklahoma with the same mis-stated miles? They used the same pictures in their ad. I'm sure if you showed up in Oklahoma to inspect the car and it was actually there it would be as advertised. If it's a scam they probably want you to wire a deposit that you would never see again. It's a shame law enforcement doesn't have the resources to go after them. Seems like it would be pretty easy.

• Helpful