Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I really like Hansshow Ultra Mini Screen Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is regarding to a minor issue using 12 hour clock format. If you have 12 hour clock format working using "UI" option set to "UI1", what about setting to "UI2"?

If my "UI" option is set to "UI2", the clock format is always stuck in 24 hour clock format (13:XX instead of 01:XX) even if the "Format" option is set to "12H".

Anyone has 12 hour clock format working using "UI2"? If so, please give us picture of your display device firmware version numbers (APP and CAN).

Thanks,
Peter

Last edited:
Not gonna happen, that's coming from the computer itself and being sent via video over HDMI to the display, this info isn't being sent over a computer bus to the rest of the car so a display can tap into it. Certain things are, and there is certainly a LOT of info that Tesla don't render, and having a screen where I can full time see my tires and my lights, speedo, etc is nice. Just wish I could get a full time display that rendered some of the other stuff we don't get access to at all like where energy is going or what parts of the car have warmed up already, as I said above

Last edited:
This is regarding to a minor issue using 12 hour clock format. If you have 12 hour clock format working using "UI" option set to "UI1", what about setting to "UI2"?

If my "UI" option is set to "UI2", the clock format is always stuck in 24 hour clock format (13:XX instead of 01:XX) even if the "Format" option is set to "12H".

Anyone has 12 hour clock format working using "UI2"? If so, please give us picture of your display device firmware version numbers (APP and CAN).

Thanks,
Peter
Bump. If you have a firmware update that works with 12 hour clock format and using "UI2" interface, please tell us the firmware version number so I can ask Hansshow to send me the same version number.

@Storey1, why haven't you send me the firmware update that Tesery sent you?

Thanks,
Peter

This is what came with the $100 unit:

tempImageGl4Xsc.png

Kinda disappointed in the location of the display:
IMG_9086.jpeg

This is what came with the $100 unit:

View attachment 898565

Kinda disappointed in the location of the display:
View attachment 898567
Can you change the "UI" to "UI2" and see if the clock remains at 12 hour format?

You need to set time zone to GMT - 8.

Are you tall? Can you lower the steering wheel? I'm 5' 8" and can see the display clearly.

Peter

Last edited:
Can you change the "UI" to "UI2" and see if the clock remains at 12 hour format?
Nope it's 24hr in UI2
Are you tall? Can you lower the steering wheel? I'm 5' 8" and can see the display clearly.
I am tall, I have the seat well back and quite low, if I lower the wheel it's on my legs... I'll be playing with it and see what I can do. I tried raising it up on it's pins so there was more than an inch gap between the bottom and the new display top piece, but when the wheel retracted into the dash for Easy Entry the back of the display was caught and the whole thing tilted to the sky, oops!

I also have been unable to get all 4 pins to clip in, I think there may be something on the inside that is not clearing, perhaps I can put some painters tape on the inside and then try to close it and then take it apart to see what damage was done to the tape to find where the surfaces that it can't get past are.

Just got one of these and thanks all here for the heads up on install and the like. Bought from Aliexpress for way less than Hansshow. Came with the latest firmware so all working great. My only complaint is the brightness at night, it's just a little too bright for my liking. Hopefully they can tweak it later on to have a lower brightness level but I'm not holding my breath.

Hansshow uploaded two new sets of firmware for Ultra Mini Screen Display to their web site at Mini Tesla Model 3/Y Gauge Cluster Screen|LCD Display|Hansshow. See screenshot below:

View attachment 878630

First (#1) firmware fixed the parking, low/high beam head lights status indicators. Unzip both zip and rar files. Hansshow accidentally included two files of IDENTICAL file names, can_app.bin, but with different dates. The one you want was dated November 16, 2022 (not October 17, 2022). The other necessary file is app.upd. This is very IMPORTANT. After finishing downloading to your device, in the Settings setup screen, set the "CAN" option to 2 (at lower left) which is designed for lights status indicators. Load this firmware into your device first before going to #2 in next paragraph. Please see video tutorial. See post number 46 of this thread for clearer instructions. That post uses exact same firmware as the link from Hansshow. Also see post number 66 of this thread for description and pictures of new lights status indicators.

Second (#2) firmware update is called "Plaid mode" and it's kind of a gimmick but also kind of fun. This update also introduced 12 Hour clock format which is nice for USA. Note that there's only one firmware file, app.upd, for this firmware update. You won't see can_app.bin and it's not needed. See video tutorial.

I've tested both firmware updates and they work well. Let me know if you have questions or trouble updating the firmware to your Ultra Mini Screen Display device.

If you have not yet updated the headlights status indicator bug fix, I suggest to download this firmware update first and then the "Plaid mode" firmware update so that you will have both updates as described above. If you only updated the "Plaid mode" firmware and not the headlights status indicator bug fix, you may not get headlights status indicator bug fix.

I am not affiliated or paid by Hansshow. I will not be responsible for any damage to your device.

Good luck.

Peter
@topboxman Peter,
Thank you for the instructions. I read the 3 posts you mentioned (#74, #83, #93). The post above, I downloaded the 2 files and saved them separately. However, when opened both of them, I do not see the can_app.bin at all. Both rar/zip files only have the app.upd.