Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I really like Hansshow Ultra Mini Screen Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could just be a firmware update, it's the same except the two curved bar graphs on the end, not even sure what the right hand one is displaying. Hopefully someone will convince them to add info that ISN'T already on the main display...

Hansshow-Model-3Y-5.0-inch-Mini-Screen-Display-6.jpg

EDIT: Oh, I see the one I got for $88 is the 4.6" and this is the 5.16"

Did anyone else's fan go crazy on their computer when the Hansshow page was open?

Last edited:
You know you can remove anything beyond the ? in an URL when sharing, so just https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804876353147.html
is all you need to send. The rest can be linked back to you

That one seems like a waste of space, perhaps with a SW update it will be more interesting. Although my small mini is hard to see from my vantage point, so it might be nice to have one that I can see over the wheel...

You know you can remove anything beyond the ? in an URL when sharing, so just https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804876353147.html
is all you need to send. The rest can be linked back to you

That one seems like a waste of space, perhaps with a SW update it will be more interesting. Although my small mini is hard to see from my vantage point, so it might be nice to have one that I can see over the wheel...

Thanks for the tip. Fixed!

I was hoping with the extra real estate, the font will be bigger....at least the speedo.

I wonder if the cable to the display is the same as my small display, could just package up my small one and get the bigger 5.16" one when it shows on AliExpress. My hand still hasn't healed from installing that annoying cable under the dash.

If Tesla engineers changed the way certain information are displayed on main screen could affect the Mini display which could force Hansshow engineers to change their software. I'm not too worried about it.

Peter

the issue is that hanshow is just a reseller. they come from unknown chinese manufacturers who usually have poor software support. in fact, i dont understand why they cant build better looking guis.

the issue is that hanshow is just a reseller. they come from unknown chinese manufacturers who usually have poor software support. in fact, i dont understand why they cant build better looking guis.
Agree, I don't think Hansshow does much engineering if any at all. They buy and resell items from various manufacturers and are at the mercy of those manufacturers for software support. Seems simple to use the same fonts and style for the GUI so why not make it match better. The biggest problem is that these things are rushed out and often quite buggy so best to wait a bit - althought the format of the 5.16" display looks like a good size. Also since they are reselling items made by another manufacturer, there are many other resellers supplying the exact same items so it comes down to competitiveness of initial selling price and post sales support. On the up side, Hansshow is excellent at marketing by providing a lot of YT channels with free goods, frequent discount codes to consumers, and reasonable prices. On the downside is if you need warranty replacement, you have to pay to send it back to China which I learned the hard was was more expensive to do than just buy a new one.

Reactions: evroro
All,
Recently I had a Hansshow Ultra Mini Display installed in our 21 LR MY. Yesterday drove 250 miles and was very pleased with the information that it provided. Having this pertinent information in one place is extreme helpful. It is nice not to take my eyes off of the road to glance at my speed or air pressure of the tires. Also, had the Tech Forum swivel installed at the same time. The Tech Forum and Ultra Mini Display make a good combination.

All,
Recently I had a Hansshow Ultra Mini Display installed in our 21 LR MY. Yesterday drove 250 miles and was very pleased with the information that it provided. Having this pertinent information in one place is extreme helpful. It is nice not to take my eyes off of the road to glance at my speed or air pressure of the tires. Also, had the Tech Forum swivel installed at the same time. The Tech Forum and Ultra Mini Display make a good combination.

but you have to take your eyes off the road to look at the screen?

Thew new 5 inch screen is a wasted opportunity to have android auto on it...