Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I really like Hansshow Ultra Mini Screen Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could not get the update to work neither.
Change file name to app.upd it bricked the unit so do not attempt to do this. Good thing that I was able to restore the display by using past firmware files.
If you do app.upd it will brick it of course. That’s a different file. The screen has 3 files containing the whole system. app32 and app are two different files containing two different stuff. When you tried to flash after the name change, it deleted the original app.upd created files, thus the brick. I have been using this app32.upd for a few weeks now, no problems with it. You need a small old usb drive (<8gb, I actually used 1gb), that is formatted correctly (fat, 4mb), and it works fine.

If you do app.upd it will brick it of course. That’s a different file. The screen has 3 files containing the whole system. app32 and app are two different files containing two different stuff. When you tried to flash after the name change, it deleted the original app.upd created files, thus the brick. I have been using this app32.upd for a few weeks now, no problems with it. You need a small old usb drive (<8gb, I actually used 1gb), that is formatted correctly (fat, 4mb), and it works fine.
Yes, but what improvements did you see? And, did you add the app32 file to older app and can.bin files on the stick? Which ones?

I formatted a small usb-c drive on windows 11 with fat 32 allocation size 16kb, and 32 kb and 64kb and 8192 kb and it didn't work with any of the formatting i did. What else can i try?
I have my plaid mode files, so each time it "bricked" i was able to bring it back to plaid mode with those files.
Can you post your app32.upd file? maybe the one on hansshow's website is corrupt.

Also, do you have the touchscreen version of the mini display? I have the non touch screen version.

I formatted a small usb-c drive on windows 11 with fat 32 allocation size 16kb, and 32 kb and 64kb and 8192 kb and it didn't work with any of the formatting i did. What else can i try?
I have my plaid mode files, so each time it "bricked" i was able to bring it back to plaid mode with those files.
Can you post your app32.upd file? maybe the one on hansshow's website is corrupt.

Also, do you have the touchscreen version of the mini display? I have the non touch screen version.
Non-touch. I also got it from the hansshow website, exact same file, the flash drive I used was 1gb fat16 4kb. I tried multiple other ones and they just rebooted the screen. Only time I was able to get it work was with that very old drive.

Reactions: HeyEph and Mustangr
Here are some pictures in case anyone is interested:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: Mustangr
Just app32.upd on a 1gb fat16 4kb usb flash drive. The improvements are exactly what they list on the page. It reset to California time, shows “mph”, and has a square speed limit sign.
in Win11, I didn't see FAT16, just FAT32 and FAT (Default), so I picked Default. Also didn't see 4kb, so I picked Default there, too. 1GB drive. Nada. Just boots normally.

Reactions: Mustangr