Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I really like Hansshow Ultra Mini Screen Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try this. Power off your car via Safety->Power Off on Tesla main screen. Wait at least 2 minutes. Press the brake pedal to restore power and see if the Mini Screen comes back alive again. It's not quite the same as rebooting Tesla computer.

Peter
Ok Peter,

I did soft and hard rebooting,

Edited: well actually when soft rebook, you do not reboot the mini screen as it bypass the main screen - I noticed that several times I did soft reset but the mini screen still remained on.

The only thing I have not yet tried is the remove 12 V battery, I even removed the plug under back passenger seat, maybe I should try.

Last edited:
Ok Peter,

I did soft and hard rebooting,

Edited: well actually when soft rebook, you do not reboot the mini screen as it bypass the main screen - I noticed that several times I did soft reset but the mini screen still remained on.

The only thing I have not yet tried is the remove 12 V battery, I even removed the plug under back passenger seat, maybe I should try.
Give it a try disconnecting 12V battery. Wait at least 5 minutes before reconnecting.

When I power down the car via Tesla main screen, I did noticed the Mini Screen also power cycled as well. Sometimes you have to wait a while like at least 2 minutes for Mini Screen to power cycle. I also noticed if the charger is connected to the car, it takes a long time for the mini screen to power cycle that you may have to wait longer than 2 minutes.

Finally if all else fails, I can send you firmware files to reprogram the mini screen. Maybe the firmware in your mini screen is corrupted.

Peter

Give it a try disconnecting 12V battery. Wait at least 5 minutes before reconnecting.

When I power down the car via Tesla main screen, I did noticed the Mini Screen also power cycled as well. Sometimes you have to wait a while like at least 2 minutes for Mini Screen to power cycle. I also noticed if the charger is connected to the car, it takes a long time for the mini screen to power cycle that you may have to wait longer than 2 minutes.

Finally if all else fails, I can send you firmware files to reprogram the mini screen. Maybe the firmware in your mini screen is corrupted.

Peter
Thank you Peter,

It did not work.

Can you send me the firmware and how to update?

Thank you again

Thank you Peter,

It did not work.

Can you send me the firmware and how to update?

Thank you again
Here you go:

1) Attached is a zipped file (Mini_Screen_Firmware.zip) containing two binary files to reprogram Mini Screen.
2) Instruction video is at: instruction_video.mp4

Snippets from Instruction video:
1) You will need USB-C connection from Mini Screen to Thumbdrive. If your Thumbdrive does not have USB-C connection, you will need USB-C to Thrumbdrive adapter. See attached photo.
2) It would be best if your thumbdrive size is not large like less than 32GB. Format the thumbdrive to FAT32 format.
3) Unzip the attached file. You should see "app.upd" and "can_app.bin" binary files.
4) Copy the two binary files to the newly formated FAT32 thumbdrive.
5) Insert thumbdrive with adapter if necessary (see my attached photo) into Mini Screen USB-C connector.
6) Power off the Tesla car via "Power Off" button of Tesla main screen. Wait at least two minutes. If the main screen turns back on very quickly, repeat power off procedure again.
7) Press the brake pedal and pray you see something on the Mini Screen. Wait until the Mini Screen is done booting up and displays the screen. Unplug Thumbdrive from Mini Screen.
8) If successful, make sure you set the "CAN" option to "2" as shown in attached photo. Change other settings like from Chinese to English, etc.

Please ask any questions if in doubt.

Good Luck.

Attachments

• Mini_Screen_Firmware.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 149
  • Mini_Screen_Thumbdrive_Small.jpg
    Mini_Screen_Thumbdrive_Small.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 266
  • Mini_Screen_Settings_Small.jpg
    Mini_Screen_Settings_Small.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Here you go:

1) Attached is a zipped file (Mini_Screen_Firmware.zip) containing two binary files to reprogram Mini Screen.
2) Instruction video is at: instruction_video.mp4

Snippets from Instruction video:
1) You will need USB-C connection from Mini Screen to Thumbdrive. If your Thumbdrive does not have USB-C connection, you will need USB-C to Thrumbdrive adapter. See attached photo.
2) It would be best if your thumbdrive size is not large like less than 32GB. Format the thumbdrive to FAT32 format.
3) Unzip the attached file. You should see "app.upd" and "can_app.bin" binary files.
4) Copy the two binary files to the newly formated FAT32 thumbdrive.
5) Insert thumbdrive with adapter if necessary (see my attached photo) into Mini Screen USB-C connector.
6) Power off the Tesla car via "Power Off" button of Tesla main screen. Wait at least two minutes. If the main screen turns back on very quickly, repeat power off procedure again.
7) Press the brake pedal and pray you see something on the Mini Screen. Wait until the Mini Screen is done booting up and displays the screen. Unplug Thumbdrive from Mini Screen.
8) If successful, make sure you set the "CAN" option to "2" as shown in attached photo. Change other settings like from Chinese to English, etc.

Please ask any questions if in doubt.

Good Luck.
Don’t even need to turn off …. It already start to updating

Let’s wait and see

Attachments

• 36D9F27F-ADC2-4D86-BA5A-A580B4E379EB.jpeg
    36D9F27F-ADC2-4D86-BA5A-A580B4E379EB.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 162
Because of nTLa successful firmware upgrade of his Mini Screen Display (post #47 & #48 of this thread) bringing his Mini Screen Display back from the dead, I would say it's safe for others to do the same thing if they want better displaying headlights status indicators (parking lights, low and high beam headlights indicators) on their Mini Screen Display as well as displaying 12H clock format despite a very minor bug (always reverts back to 24H format the next time you drive your Tesla). Simply follow instructions from post #46 of this thread.

While the latest firmware upgrade solved majority of issues and it works great, Hansshow is planning to do a few more tweaks including a fixing minor 12H/24H clock format bug and possibly better displaying headlights status indicators to match Tesla parking lights and headlights indicators on Tesla main screen. When that happens, I will let you know and upload newest firmware files once and for all (hopefully).

Peter

Hansshow has been giving me excellent support. I've been helping them to properly display headlights status indicators on their Mini Screen Display. They sent me new firmwares to upgrade the Mini Screen and it looks great. Upgrading firmware is very easy and quick. They have a few tweaks to go and it's done!!

Peter

Thats great for you, but there have been many (many many) people who have had issues with Hansshow products that end up getting ghosted. Like these:

Yes, these are different products, but the common thread is getting ghosted if something doesnt work. Lets not pretend this stuff doesnt exist, even if its different products.

You dont want the thread to start sounding like advertising, which it kinda sorta is already. You are doing a LOT of "speaking for Hansshow" in this thread.

Thats great for you, but there have been many (many many) people who have had issues with Hansshow products that end up getting ghosted. Like these:

Yes, these are different products, but the common thread is getting ghosted if something doesnt work. Lets not pretend this stuff doesnt exist, even if its different products.

You dont want the thread to start sounding like advertising, which it kinda sorta is already. You are doing a LOT of "speaking for Hansshow" in this thread.
I may be sounding like I'm "speaking for Hansshow" but I'm trying to help others to get their products to work so they don't have to buy other brands simply because they paid for Hansshow products that appear not to work for them. Personally I think it's more of lost in translation between two different countries and I'm trying my best to translate better. I'm in no way being endorsed by Hansshow or trying to encourage others to buy Hansshow products. I'm simply describing my experience and showing others how to resolve issues.

Peter

• Informative
Reactions: jeremymc7
I may be sounding like I'm "speaking for Hansshow" but I'm trying to help others to get their products to work so they don't have to buy other brands simply because they paid for Hansshow products that appear not to work for them. Personally I think it's more of lost in translation between two different countries and I'm trying my best to translate better. I'm in no way being endorsed by Hansshow or trying to encourage others to buy Hansshow products. I'm simply describing my experience and showing others how to resolve issues.

Peter

To be fair I appreciate that you are helping them out. Obviously they’re not getting support otherwise.

But I myself keep wondering if you’re working for, or affiliated with, the company.

No offense.

I agree with Peter. We are not trying to promote specific products or brands but simply looking for solutions to troubleshoot the issue. Put yourself in my shoes, I just simply wanted it to work. This is one of the purposes of this community. Or it is not?

Reactions: topboxman
I agree with Peter. We are not trying to promote specific products or brands but simply looking for solutions to troubleshoot the issue. Put yourself in my shoes, I just simply wanted it to work. This is one of the purposes of this community. Or it is not?
I am not talking about anyones posts in this thread other than whom I referenced. The only person who comes across as speaking for Hansshow is @topboxman

Its one thing for a person to provide help to others, its another for someone to "speak for the company" talking about upcoming features in new firmware updates, provide vendor like step by steps for firmware updates etc.

We also have had an issue here over time with SEVERAL sockpuppet hansshow accounts. So, I dont have any issue with members helping each other, but we dont allow manufacturers to provide support without being a vendor here and hansshow itself has done that here several times in the past (with several banned accounts to show for it).

So, whenever a thread pops up that starts repeating over and over how great they are, its one I watch, because, while the products are decent, there have been many (as I said) who have had issues with the products here. The threads I linked above were just a few of them.

It would probably be a good idea for discussion to shift away from upcoming unreleased firmware features, which in general, only the manufacturer would know, for a start.

To be fair I appreciate that you are helping them out. Obviously they’re not getting support otherwise.

But I myself keep wondering if you’re working for, or affiliated with, the company.

No offense.
I paid good amount of money for a product and I was having some issues and wanted to resolve it with minimal conflicts. Instead of returning the product back to China and trying to get a refund is very difficult, I would rather solve the problem without dealing with returning and possibly never see a refund.

The other threads you're describing about "frunks" related products are totally different than the product I bought and described. I don't think it's a fair comparison.

Once again, I DO NOT WORK FOR OR BEING AFFILATED WITH HANSSHOW. Please don't bring that up again. Why are you bringing this up against me? Take a look at posts #47 and #48, does it look like I work for Hansshow? I communicated with Hansshow via WhatsApp to resolve issues I discovered and I'm impressed how they responded. I don't care about issues with "frunks".

I'm simply a retired engineer trying to resolve issues and nothing else.

I do feel offended!!!!!

Peter

Last edited:
I paid good amount of money for a product and I was having some issues and wanted to resolve it with minimal conflicts. Instead of returning the product back to China and trying to get a refund is very difficult, I would rather solve the problem without dealing with returning and possibly never see a refund.

The other threads you're describing about "frunks" related products are totally different than the product I bought and described. I don't think it's a fair comparison.

Once again, I DO NOT WORK FOR OR BEING AFFILATED WITH HANSSHOW. Please don't bring that up again. Why are you bringing this up against me? Take a look at posts #47 and #48, does it look like I work for Hansshow? I communicated with Hansshow via WhatsApp to resolve issues I discovered and I'm impressed how they responded. I don't care about issues with "frunks".

I'm simply a retired engineer trying to resolve issues and nothing else.

I do feel offended!!!!!

Peter

Is there some reason they respond to you, but (for example) didnt respond to @nTLa ?

Im not sure what you are pointing to in the posts you mention, but I will just say again, I recommend not bringing up unreleased firmware features or things like that.