Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I really like Hansshow Ultra Mini Screen Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there some reason they respond to you, but (for example) didn't respond to @nTLa ?

I'm not sure what you are pointing to in the posts you mention, but I will just say again, I recommend not bringing up unreleased firmware features or things like that.
Is it against the rules discussing about unreleased firmware features? It really helped bringing nTLa's Mini Screen Display back from the dead and he asked for the latest unreleased firmware at his own risk. There was no harm for him because if his product was really dead, then how would an unreleased firmware further harm his product? He was simply trying get his product revived from the dead!!!!!!

Peter

Last edited:
The other threads you're describing about "frunks" related products are totally different than the product I bought and described. I don't think it's a fair comparison.

That wasn’t me you quoted. That’s someone else.

Please don't bring that up again. Why are you bringing this up against me?[/

That wasn’t me you quoted. That’s someone else.

Is it against the rules discussing about unreleased firmware features? It really helped bringing nTLa's Mini Screen Display back from the dead and he asked for the latest unreleased firmware at his own risk. There was no harm for him because if his product was really dead, then how would an unreleased firmware further harm his product? He was simply trying get his product revived from the dead!!!!!!

Peter

I explained this already in post number 58, as to why I was making that recommendation. Im also going to put this thread on a 24 hour time out. I will open it back up tomorrow evening.

I would like your opinions of the latest Hansshow firmware updates for Mini Screen Display regarding to cleaning up headlights status indicators. The following pictures shows what it looks like now:

No Headlights:

No_Headlights_Small.jpg

Parking Lights On:

Parking_Lights_Small.jpg

Low Beam Headlights On:

Low_Beam_Small.jpg

High Beam Headlights On:

High_Beam_Small.jpg

It now correctly displays current status of headlights starting with No Headlights, Parking Lights, Low Beam Headlights, and High Beam Headlights. The original firmware had issues displaying status lights indicators and it was out of whack.

I know it looks different than Tesla Main Screen. Tesla Main Screen shows only ONE status lights idicator at ONE time while Hansshow Display can show up to three status lights indicators at the same time.

Would you prefer Hansshow or Tesla Main Screen headlights display methods? I kind of like Hansshow method to show you ALL lights are working.

I probably will communicate with Hansshow tonight about 12H/24H clock format bug fix and change the display of "mP/h" to "MPH". Anyone else lives in foreign country that uses Kilometer unit that owns this Mini Screen Display and would like to change from "kP/h" to "KPH" as well?

Thanks for your opinion and help.
Peter

Last edited:
Glad to see HS add the latest firmware for this product as a link on their product page. I'm still not sure why they don't just have readily accessible firmware updates for all their products and often they will send it by individual request. Doesn't seem very efficient. As @jjrandorin pointed out, HS does have a history of unhappy customers for product, service, or both. For me, I'd rather buy an identical product from another vendor where available and if not I go into it with the expectation there might be poor post-sales service if buying from HS. This display itself is nice and compact and looks to be a nice add-on.

Glad to see HS add the latest firmware for this product as a link on their product page. I'm still not sure why they don't just have readily accessible firmware updates for all their products and often they will send it by individual request. Doesn't seem very efficient. As @jjrandorin pointed out, HS does have a history of unhappy customers for product, service, or both. For me, I'd rather buy an identical product from another vendor where available and if not I go into it with the expectation there might be poor post-sales service if buying from HS. This display itself is nice and compact and looks to be a nice add-on.
All I can say is I'm very happy with the latest and greatest firmware update for Hansshow Mini Screen Display. It's much better now. I kind of blame on Tesla updates screwing up 3rd party add-on display products. I don't think it's 3rd party's fault. Hansshow is not the only company dealing with issues with Tesla updates.

Peter

Last edited:
All I can say is I'm very happy with the latest and greatest firmware update for Hansshow Mini Screen Display. It's much better now. I kind of blame on Tesla updates screwing up 3rd party add-on display products. I don't think it's 3rd party's fault. Hansshow is not the only company dealing with issues with Tesla updates.

Peter
To be fair, Tesla has an internal API and internal network that people are piggy backing on. They have a right and expectation to change how it works from version to version as it’s not meant to be used or public. So while it may be due to Tesla’s changes, it also can be said it’s not their fault as people are using their design in an unintended fashion.

Is that ok? Sure it is. For both sides. That’s what’s great about mods. Just be aware of the risk.

To be fair, Tesla has an internal API and internal network that people are piggy backing on. They have a right and expectation to change how it works from version to version as it’s not meant to be used or public. So while it may be due to Tesla’s changes, it also can be said it’s not their fault as people are using their design in an unintended fashion.

Is that ok? Sure it is. For both sides. That’s what’s great about mods. Just be aware of the risk.
That's a good argument and I agree with you. I'm glad it's working so far for both Tesla and 3rd party companies.

Peter

Hansshow uploaded two new sets of firmware for Ultra Mini Screen Display to their web site at Mini Tesla Model 3/Y Gauge Cluster Screen|LCD Display|Hansshow. See screenshot below:

1669514114865.png

First (#1) firmware fixed the parking, low/high beam head lights status indicators. Unzip both zip and rar files. Hansshow accidentally included two files of IDENTICAL file names, can_app.bin, but with different dates. The one you want was dated November 16, 2022 (not October 17, 2022). The other necessary file is app.upd. This is very IMPORTANT. After finishing downloading to your device, in the Settings setup screen, set the "CAN" option to 2 (at lower left) which is designed for lights status indicators. Load this firmware into your device first before going to #2 in next paragraph. Please see video tutorial. See post number 46 of this thread for clearer instructions. That post uses exact same firmware as the link from Hansshow. Also see post number 66 of this thread for description and pictures of new lights status indicators.

Second (#2) firmware update is called "Plaid mode" and it's kind of a gimmick but also kind of fun. This update also introduced 12 Hour clock format which is nice for USA. Note that there's only one firmware file, app.upd, for this firmware update. You won't see can_app.bin and it's not needed. See video tutorial.

I've tested both firmware updates and they work well. Let me know if you have questions or trouble updating the firmware to your Ultra Mini Screen Display device.

If you have not yet updated the headlights status indicator bug fix, I suggest to download this firmware update first and then the "Plaid mode" firmware update so that you will have both updates as described above. If you only updated the "Plaid mode" firmware and not the headlights status indicator bug fix, you may not get headlights status indicator bug fix.

I am not affiliated or paid by Hansshow. I will not be responsible for any damage to your device.

Good luck.

Peter

Last edited:
Hansshow will completely stop supporting this within a few months as they always do.

That being said, I like this one, much less obtrosuive then some of the other designs. Shame it has no carplay so I could get a better GPS up there. I wonder if someone can model a 3d printable bracket and then I can install my own screen with carplay on there.

Hansshow will completely stop supporting this within a few months as they always do.

That being said, I like this one, much less obtrosuive then some of the other designs. Shame it has no carplay so I could get a better GPS up there. I wonder if someone can model a 3d printable bracket and then I can install my own screen with carplay on there.
Curious but how would CarPlay work if you have you put your hands through the steering wheel?

I wasn't interested in CarPlay or Android-Auto. Plus they seem to cost minimum of $200 more.

GPS is better in CarPlay than built-in Tesla? How do you mean?

Peter