Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I traded my Tesla for a Lexus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So yeah I got rid of my Model S and traded it on a Lexus LS500.

Such a sad, pathetic post from the OP.

What is clear from the OP's post is that the decades of unchecked GHG dumping need to end, yesterday.

Not once in his video does he mention the TONS of GHG's that his new ride will emit--because it remains free (to him) for him to dump them on future generations. So he is either ignorant as all get out, or knows of these externalities but just doesn't give a damn. Either way, he and others of his ilk need to PAY for their dumping.

For far too long, giving the middle finger to future generations has been free; that has to stop if they are not to rightfully curse us:

A warming Arctic could cost the world trillions of dollars

And:

climate.nasa.gov

I’m probably doing more for the environment than Elon. He continues to pop out the babies. Over-population is the biggest detriment to our planet, no question. 5 kids, quite irresponsible! Look it up.

p.s. where’s the yawn reaction choice?

Nothing like a big dive into the Land of Logical Fallacies to make you feel better about an atrocious decision, eh?

Please make this insanely stupid purchase of an ICE gas guzzler your last, ever, ICE vehicle. As an adult on this planet, you should have known better.

In the meantime, these are likely just some of the many logical fallacies that apply to your remarkable response:

Your logical fallacy is no true scotsman

Your logical fallacy is strawman

Your logical fallacy is tu quoque

Elon could probably do his part by not driving EV drivers away from EVs like this. It's a logical fallacy of his you'll probably dislike facing, but Tesla's poor leadership is causing fewer people to drive electric cars - even those that already were!

You know how bad gas powered cars are? How much you don't want to go back to driving them? Imagine how bad Tesla has to be to make you decide you have to go back against your wishes. That's how bad Tesla is to electric car drivers, and why you should turn your anger towards Elon, who could stop this from happening. Hate Elon if it's that important to you, because that would serve your environmental agenda better than him driving more people away from electric car ownership. or hating his victims. One victim driven away by Tesla's poor leadership is just one more gas car. But Tesla's poor leadership is doing this to more than just one person, so the root cause isn't solved by blaming victims one at a time. Go after the cause of the problem itself, not the people who are victims of the problem.

Or, maybe let go of all that hate. It's only poisoning yourself.

Reactions: InternetDude
I dislike Elon (more and more everyday) and as much as I wanted to believe he is making electric cars for the right reason, I truly don’t think the environment is his primary motivation or maybe not in his top 3 motivating factors.

I think Tesla is (by my standards) a crappy company.

My car is objectively less reliable and less “put together” than my previous Lexus or my wife’s current Lexus, but it is still by far and away the best car I have ever owned because it gives me nothing but pure joy. Driving the wife’s RX, makes me feel like I am driving a relic from a time long ago, like a distant age I read about in history books. I drove my father’s GS two weeks ago from my house to his - about 27km, it might as well have been a horse and buggy.

I can’t ever see myself owning a Dino-car again. I also don’t see myself owning anything but a Tesla until someone proves they can do electric better and I think that is a long time away.

Elon could probably do his part by not driving EV drivers away from EVs like this. It's a logical fallacy of his you'll probably dislike facing, but Tesla's poor leadership is causing fewer people to drive electric cars - even those that already were!

You know how bad gas powered cars are? How much you don't want to go back to driving them? Imagine how bad Tesla has to be to make you decide you have to go back against your wishes. That's how bad Tesla is to electric car drivers, and why you should turn your anger towards Elon, who could stop this from happening. Hate Elon if it's that important to you, because that would serve your environmental agenda better than him driving more people away from electric car ownership. or hating his victims.

Or, maybe let go of all that hate. It's only poisoning yourself.

Oh, so calling out a remarkably mean, short-sighted, "give the middle finger future generations" former Tesla owner is "hate?"

Gosh, how odd that pointing out facts is considered "hate."

Recommend you increase your knowledge as ignorant isn't a good look these days. The OP should be flat-out ashamed that a supposedly successful adult has to be educated by a Swedish teenager:

How Greta Thunberg's Lone Strike Against Climate Change Became a Global Movement

Tip: Trade in the GHG-dumping Lexus and get another Tesla Model S; you'll be blown away by the differences from 2013 to 2020.

• Love
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Oh, so calling out a remarkably mean, short-sighted, "give the middle finger future generations" former Tesla owner is "hate?"

No one hates you, you've been called out for your behavior, not who you are. The facts are what you're shouting at. Elon might be just as hateful or as mean and short sighted but he can be changed and it will serve your agenda if you put that energy into trying to improve Tesla instead of trying to explain why Tesla drives sp many people away from driving electric cars.

Read that Churchill quote, study it, and learn from it. Look at your behavior and ask yourself if you're OK being the person you've described. If you can stumble over that truth and hurry off as if nothing has happened, your behavior will never change and Tesla will continue to drive people away from Electric cars, frustrating you more each time, making you act like this every time, and you will never stop behaving likme that. Nobody else can stop you from attacking strangers for doing the reasonable thing in response to the unreasonable things Tesla forces on them. Victim blaming will keep you angry forever, but recognizing what upsets you and confronting it rather than its victims might help you understand why you feel so strongly about what Tesla is doing to people to turn them into former-EV owners. You obviously understand how immensely horrible that treatment must be to make you come to that decision yourself, so there is some empathy within you. explore it, rather than stumbling over it and continuing on.

I like Lexus (wife has one, 2011 RX350) that now has 110k miles. We bought it used from original owner at 28k miles. The rx350 has literally never been in the shop. I've replaced pads and rotors and wiper blades. And of course oil/filter changes. Thats literally it. I've never had a car like this before where its needed nothing. I mean NO repairs. I dont think anyone tops Toyota/Lexus build quality today.

That said? ICE is a dying breed. It's the past. MB announced they will never engineer/develop an ICE engine beyond the current generation of engines they have built. Other car makers have announced their timelines for shifting fully away from ICE.

My time thus far with the Model S (since December, so short time) has been incredible. Im a tech guy, so there's that. Im a guy who values low end torque and fast acceleration, so theres that. And Im under the comprehensive warranty from Tesla for the next 3+ years and 7+ years and unlimited miles on the drive units/battery. And unless my experience drops in the next 4 months? Selling the RX350 and getting a new Y for the wife.

So for me? Zero plans to go back to ICE. I prefer going forward..not backward. Pro's outweigh the cons, by far. For me.

If you’re intent on buying a premium electric car now, it has to be the Tesla. Is it the best car? No. But right now you can’t separate car from infrastructure, and between Superchargers and Destination chargers, Tesla has the best combination.
EV test: Audi e-tron vs Tesla Model X vs Jaguar I-Pace

The other huge advantage that the article misses, is the advantage of Tesla's ability to troubleshoot/analyze/update almost ALL of the cars systems...over the air.

Game changer. NO other carmaker today, does that. All other car makers (some that have been building cars for decades) are literally chasing after a silicone valley startup that's been in business for an extremely short amount of time. A company that has minimal (if any?) marketing budget. All word of mouth...

Thats..somewhat...amazing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Last week I bought my first ICE since 2010 (I think, it's been so long). Is still have the 2 Teslas, but needed an additional vehicle. While I was originally planning on another Tesla (base $35K M3), I needed a very reliable vehicle and the only way to guarantee that would be to buy a 4th Tesla to keep as a spare. Since I cannot afford the 4th Tesla right now, I offered for @TSLA Pilot to pay for that spare (I would even cover insurance), but he didn't agree to pay for one, so obviously he doesn't care enough to pay out of his own pocket to support one less ICE on the roads. It's easy to tell other people they should spend a ton of money on a cause, isn't it?

I dislike Elon (more and more everyday) and as much as I wanted to believe he is making electric cars for the right reason, I truly don’t think the environment is his primary motivation or maybe not in his top 3 motivating factors.

I think Tesla is (by my standards) a crappy company.

My car is objectively less reliable and less “put together” than my previous Lexus or my wife’s current Lexus, but it is still by far and away the best car I have ever owned because it gives me nothing but pure joy. Driving the wife’s RX, makes me feel like I am driving a relic from a time long ago, like a distant age I read about in history books. I drove my father’s GS two weeks ago from my house to his - about 27km, it might as well have been a horse and buggy.

I can’t ever see myself owning a Dino-car again. I also don’t see myself owning anything but a Tesla until someone proves they can do electric better and I think that is a long time away.
I agreed with you up until you compared the driving experience of a model s to the rx... of course they won’t be anywhere near similar.
However don’t knock on Dino vehicles just yet, my wife’s F90 BMW M5 is an absolute monster. So much so that I was considering trading in our model s for another M5. As of now I am leaning toward a raven model s but waiting to see what will happen with the batterygate situation.
Oh, and the Audi e-tron, Jaguar i-Pace, MBZ whatever, and other EV's don't exist?

Face it--what we have here is an atrocious choice, a huge middle-finger to the entire planet. It's an attempt to save face while making the insane choice to screw over the planet. An informed, responsible adult would contemplate these things before buying a gas-guzzler like the LS, or at least with their first gas fill; a man-child will find all sorts of reasons, or use wilful ignorance, to justify an immoral act.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Winston Churchill
You’ve done more to convince me to purchase an ICE car than the sales people at the dealership. Good job. I hope you’re happy.

also I’m very disappointed in you for not buying @whitex a Tesla. Do you know how much GHG’s will be released into the air because of your selfishness? Once again I hope you’re happy with yourself! Selfish!

Reactions: mvotb
Last week I bought my first ICE since 2010 (I think, it's been so long). Is still have the 2 Teslas, but needed an additional vehicle. While I was originally planning on another Tesla (base $35K M3), I needed a very reliable vehicle and the only way to guarantee that would be to buy a 4th Tesla to keep as a spare. Since I cannot afford the 4th Tesla right now, I offered for @TSLA Pilot to pay for that spare (I would even cover insurance), but he didn't agree to pay for one, so obviously he doesn't care enough to pay out of his own pocket to support one less ICE on the roads. It's easy to tell other people they should spend a ton of money on a cause, isn't it?

Granted, we have a sample size of only the nine Model S's we've owned, but not one of them has left us stranded, ever. And that appears to be the case for upwards of 99% of Tesla owners, or so I'd posit. Furthermore, Tesla ranks highest of all brands in Consumer Satisfaction in Consumer Reports' rankings, IIRC.

So you're full of it, and simply making excuses for the OP's atrocious, immoral choice. He traded in an EV and purchased an ICE vehicle. As long as that POS drives the roads he and others will be dumping GHG's all over the planet for everyone's children to clean up after him. (Or at least try to clean up; we may have already reached the tipping point and the planet is screwed for all that follow. Nice job OP!)

Well I went for a really nice big long cruise around town today just to relax in the ultra comfy massaging seat and enjoy the 23 speaker sound system. Man do I feel better now, I'm more relaxed. I might have to fill up tomorrow though, that's the downside...

Carry on...

I wonder what layer Dante would place someone like you--someone that chooses to give the middle finger to all that share the planet?

We are soooo far past due for massive carbon taxes to punish stunningly evil choices, eh? Morality doesn't matter to some; we may as well tax them for their evil.

No one hates you, you've been called out for your behavior, not who you are. The facts are what you're shouting at. Elon might be just as hateful or as mean and short sighted but he can be changed and it will serve your agenda if you put that energy into trying to improve Tesla instead of trying to explain why Tesla drives sp many people away from driving electric cars.

Read that Churchill quote, study it, and learn from it. Look at your behavior and ask yourself if you're OK being the person you've described. If you can stumble over that truth and hurry off as if nothing has happened, your behavior will never change and Tesla will continue to drive people away from Electric cars, frustrating you more each time, making you act like this every time, and you will never stop behaving likme that. Nobody else can stop you from attacking strangers for doing the reasonable thing in response to the unreasonable things Tesla forces on them. Victim blaming will keep you angry forever, but recognizing what upsets you and confronting it rather than its victims might help you understand why you feel so strongly about what Tesla is doing to people to turn them into former-EV owners. You obviously understand how immensely horrible that treatment must be to make you come to that decision yourself, so there is some empathy within you. explore it, rather than stumbling over it and continuing on.

Huh?

I watched his entire video.

It looks like he's had a huge amount of free service and repairs, well past the warranty expiration as well. His sample size of one five-year old Model S served him well, but he was left disappointed that it was not 100% perfect for those five years I guess?

Facts:

1. He uses the minor issues he's had to justify his transition back to a GHG-spewing POS that shortens the lifespan of our one and only planet.

2. He then claims that it's all about Tesla being a bad company, but yet when I pointed that he could have purchased a list of non-Tesla EV's, we see his response . . . silence on that uncomfortable fact.

In summary, the OP is giving the middle finger to our entire planet by buying an GHG-dumping Lexus. Externalities are, by definition, costs borne by others. He's letting everyone's children, and the poor and powerless that live in countries which will horribly impacted by continued GHG dumping, to eat his waste. Because he can dump it for free.

There are many pejoratives that describe such a person; I need not list them here. The OP, and his wilfully and wildly ignorant supporters on this thread, should be ashamed of themselves.

You don't listen to science because you are only interested in solutions that will enable you to carry on like before. Like now. And those answers don't exist anymore.
-Greta Thunberg

I'm selling my 2014 Lexus ES300 Hybrid as part of my buying an MY. The ES300H gets better mileage than the straight ICE Lexus cars but after driving my former BMW I-3 it was hard to go back to driving the Lexus due to the vibration, noise and smell. It's worth some growing pains to experience the constantly moving technology of any Tesla. Now all I have to do is develop patience until I get the call or maybe a text or maybe discover the VIN in the source code saying my MY may be delivered some day.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot