Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I3 Road Rage.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I bring out the best in people.

The dude says I cut him off on the highway, maybe I did, nothing intentional though. 2 Lanes merging on the right right after the 78 freeway merge and lane ending and my carpool lane ending on the opposite side. He did high beam me while I was trying to exit to let me know he was mad. I was doing about 80mph to keep up with traffic until getting a lane over from the exit lane and slowing while trying to merge into the exit lane to exit, so he must have speed up to block me from getting over at about 85-90. He is the blue lights to my right. Whatevs, drivers here are crazy. Said something about his self driving car showed him I was in the wrong? Didn't like my aggressive driving (I assume when I speed around him thinking he is a craze person).

I told him to get back in his car and drive and I have the whole thing on video. He followed me for a couple more miles before turning. Does not seem to be the kind of guy looking for a fight or worse, but you never know.

Debating on reporting him for unsafe driving, but he didn't touch me or the car. Plus there was a shooting down the street earlier today too, a guy barricaded himself in his hotel room and refused to checkout then shot himself. So the police certainly have bigger issues.

Anyways, model 3 dashcam is great.

I would report him before you see him on the evening news involved in something else. Then you’ll have that guilt “why didn’t I say something?”

Anyone capable of following someone at night, cutting them off, then getting out of the car has issues. In the world we live in today I would’ve reported him at that moment. BUT with a Model 3 and him in an i3 he wouldn’t have caught up to me to get out of the car......

I’d absolutely report him. “Tough guys” like that often get braver over time, maybe getting called out prior to him assaulting someone will save his life. Road rage is a serious problem that gets people killed.

Regarding the cops having more important things to look at. Of course they do, but if you report it, the ball is no longer in your court.

Stay safe out there!

You may have cut it a bit close when you moved out of the HOV lane but, short of hitting the brakes, you didn't have a choice while he clearly had plenty of opportunity to slow down to let you over after you signalled.

He's got issues, I'd report him.

I guess I bring out the best in people.

The dude says I cut him off on the highway, maybe I did, nothing intentional though.

Depth perception is difficult to judge on the side cam but it sure looked like you signaled for several seconds & did cut him off (though he might have had to come off his set cruise speed briefly...not totally clear.) REGARDLESS, his actions were pretty extra, break checking you twice and THEN getting out of the car IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET for a confrontation.

Definitely report him. The man has issues that have nothing to do with you or your driving.

Clearly this guy makes poor life decisions.

Starting with “You do know it’s OK to say No Thank You when they ask if you want to supersize that meal, right?”
:D

You may have cut it a bit close when you moved out of the HOV lane but, short of hitting the brakes, you didn't have a choice while he clearly had plenty of opportunity to slow down to let you over after you signalled.

He's got issues, I'd report him.
Yea, when coming over our speeds were fairly matched until he speed up towards the end. I figured he would just go around, but it was a poor choice since he was just speeding up so he could cut over to the exit lane at the last second. It would have been better if I hit the brake until he passed then speed back up. I had my blinker on so he could have let me over but this is CA, to many this means block the car from getting in front of you.

What is the best way to report? I found some phone numbers but wouldn't video be better?