Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I3 Road Rage.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I'd report him. He followed you can cut you off multiple times. People think that "I had to slow down briefly" = getting cut off. Damn, that poor I3 must be hurting from carrying that around. Another nut with anger problems. Even if somebody cuts you off, flip em off and move on with your life.

When someone who weighs 3 times my weight wants a confrontation, I would just apologise profusely and get the hell out of there.
That guy would take one swing and pass out. I wouldn't apologize and I certainly wouldn't let him stop me. I'm not going to risk getting shot.

Reactions: alseTrick
update: he wasn't following me after the incident. I saw his car parked at his house this morning on my way to work. He lives right there.
Yeah I'd report him. He followed you can cut you off multiple times. People think that "I had to slow down briefly" = getting cut off. Damn, that poor I3 must be hurting from carrying that around. Another nut with anger problems. Even if somebody cuts you off, flip em off and move on with your life.

That guy would take one swing and pass out. I wouldn't apologize and I certainly wouldn't let him stop me. I'm not going to risk getting shot.
There was a car behind me that had to stop too, but I probably could have slowly backed up then moved around him.

Reactions: Nocturnal
I take this exact same route everyday, I work in downtown SD and live off of El Norte and Woodland. You did everything by the book in terms of exiting carpool lane (while signaling). This is always a pain in the A$$ to get from HOV to El Norte when there is a fair amount of traffic. This guy has some serious issues, beyond what others have already addressed. His crossing over the double yellow on the corner is a douchey move considering the location of the driveway to the gas station. I know this because i've pulled out of there in the past when I actually had to put gas in an ICE - wife's car :)

Anyhow.. this guy is in the wrong IMO and as a former BMW driver I cannot condone this kind of asshat driving by anyone, especially a tub of crap driving his "I wish it was a Tesla" EV.

You should report it in my opinion, perhaps he will be cited for crossing over the double yellow and teach him a lesson.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ames and davewill
I take this exact same route everyday, I work in downtown SD and live off of El Norte and Woodland. You did everything by the book in terms of exiting carpool lane (while signaling). This is always a pain in the A$$ to get from HOV to El Norte when there is a fair amount of traffic. This guy has some serious issues, beyond what others have already addressed. HIs crossing over the double yellow on the corner is a douchey move considering the location of the driveway to the gas station. I know this because i've pulled out of there in the past when I actually had to put gas in an ICE - wife's car :)

Anyhow.. this guy is in the wrong IMO and as a former BMW driver I cannot condone this kind of asshat driving by anyone, especially a tub of crap driving his "I wish it was a Tesla" EV.

You should report it in my opinion, perhaps he will be cited for crossing over the double yellow and teach him a lesson.
Well I saw his car parked in his driveway on my way to work Guess he wasn't following me.

I take this exact same route everyday, I work in downtown SD and live off of El Norte and Woodland. You did everything by the book in terms of exiting carpool lane (while signaling). This is always a pain in the A$$ to get from HOV to El Norte when there is a fair amount of traffic. This guy has some serious issues, beyond what others have already addressed. HIs crossing over the double yellow on the corner is a douchey move considering the location of the driveway to the gas station. I know this because i've pulled out of there in the past when I actually had to put gas in an ICE - wife's car :)

Are you there other white Tesla that waves? :D

I think you were OK until you rode his tail and flashed your highbeams. No need to escalate

Yea, I agree, there are two guilty people here.

Agree. Should have just let it go.

I know this part of freeway. It's the 15 north where the carpool lane ends at the 78 interchange. It's tough to get over from the carpool lane to the El Norte Parkway exit, but traffic was free flowing in the video and there was plenty of time. OP's lane change doesn't look that bad, but you can see the i3 closing in after the first lane change at 1:28, which is probably why he perceived he was cut off at 1:39. The defensive thing to do would have been to let him go by first. Or if OP was even more aggressive and made the second lane change right away before the i3 got closer, he might not have gotten as mad. It kind of looks like an AP lane change where the car hesitates longer than a human would.

The thing that seems to have really set off the i3 was the unnecessary aggressive acceleration to get behind him at 3:56. (The front view that starts at 3:55 is a continuation of the clip that cuts at 2:54.) This looks like where things escalated for no reason other than ego on both sides. It doesn't excuse the i3 brake checking and certainly doesn't justify stopping in the middle of the road to get out of the car. However, it looks like OP could have easily kept distance and been done with it instead of inviting an altercation by flashing the high beams (and most likely laying on the horn too). No need to get right on his rear and stay there, especially when it's clear he's slowing and acting abnormally.

I don't even want to get started on the lunacy of letting someone behaving so erratically approach your car window.

Well I saw his car parked in his driveway on my way to work Guess he wasn't following me.

Consider the other guy's perspective:
- Dude is driving home, when an aggressive driver cuts in front of him at the highway exit, then accelerates upto, and rides his rear bumper. For no good reason.
- Guy is near his house, and doesn't want to lead the whacko to his family.
- So he stops, hoping that that weirdo passes him and leaves him alone. Aggressive driver flashes the lights, and doesn't seam to want to move along.
- Aggressive driver is tracking right along the rout to guy's house, freaking him out further.
- So he passes him, and decides to clear the air and resolve the situation away from his home, family, and kids.

Either way, there are always two sides to every story.
This thread could easily be titled "Tesla road range towards i3" ...
:eek:

Consider the other guy's perspective:
- Dude is driving home, when an aggressive driver cuts in front of him at the highway exit, then accelerates upto, and rides his rear bumper. For no good reason.
- Guy is near his house, and doesn't want to lead the whacko to his family.
- So he stops, hoping that that weirdo passes him and leaves him alone. Aggressive driver flashes the lights, and doesn't seam to want to move along.
- Aggressive driver is tracking right along the rout to guy's house, freaking him out further.
- So he passes him, and decides to clear the air and resolve the situation away from his home, family, and kids.

Either way, there are always two sides to every story.
This thread could easily be titled "Tesla road range towards i3" ...
:eek:
I really hope your not serious. Guy was driving in the wrong lane and tried to side swipe me before cutting in front of me the second time. And your calling me an aggressive driver? you sound just like the fat man...
Dude was driving 90 mph trying to cut into the exit lane at the last minute. Once off the free way he didn't let me go around him. He stopped and opened his door to get out when I went around him. Then he got in front of me again while I was letting the truck pull into the gas station, got out of his car since he knew I could not go around him with no room to clear his car. (I glaced behind and saw another car coming behind me) He didn't want to clear the air, he wanted to fight. I told him he is being recorded and kept telling him to get back in his car and drive. He was a bit crazy to assume I was not armed too, but it didn't come to that.

Agree. Should have just let it go.

I know this part of freeway. It's the 15 north where the carpool lane ends at the 78 interchange. It's tough to get over from the carpool lane to the El Norte Parkway exit, but traffic was free flowing in the video and there was plenty of time. OP's lane change doesn't look that bad, but you can see the i3 closing in after the first lane change at 1:28, which is probably why he perceived he was cut off at 1:39. The defensive thing to do would have been to let him go by first. Or if OP was even more aggressive and made the second lane change right away before the i3 got closer, he might not have gotten as mad. It kind of looks like an AP lane change where the car hesitates longer than a human would.

The thing that seems to have really set off the i3 was the unnecessary aggressive acceleration to get behind him at 3:56. (The front view that starts at 3:55 is a continuation of the clip that cuts at 2:54.) This looks like where things escalated for no reason other than ego on both sides. It doesn't excuse the i3 brake checking and certainly doesn't justify stopping in the middle of the road to get out of the car. However, it looks like OP could have easily kept distance and been done with it instead of inviting an altercation by flashing the high beams (and most likely laying on the horn too). No need to get right on his rear and stay there, especially when it's clear he's slowing and acting abnormally.

I don't even want to get started on the lunacy of letting someone behaving so erratically approach your car window.
Good points, the first 2 lane changes were AP, but I disengaged it to merge since traffic in the far right lane was only going about 40mph and AP sucks at at merging into traffic.

Nothing I could do, there was another car behind me, and by the time he went around the guy was at my window. (After re-watching I guess there may not have been a car behind me but when I looked in my rearview there was one heading towards me).

No I did not use my horn.

I flashed my lights because he was stopped in front of me for no reason on a major road, and there was other traffic in the right lane so I could not pass. Also I expected him to speed up to the speed limit when I got behind him, not slam on his brakes, I never should have been anywhere close to his rear. He was in a rush 10 seconds before doing about 90mph after all (I was going 80 on AP when I disengaged to keep up with the flow of traffic when he accelerated up to block me from getting over). 80mph is already too fast when the next lane over is only doing 40-45, you can see me slow down to merge into the exit lane.

Last edited:
Let’s all be safe out there, most road rage incidents don’t end as peacefully. After almost a month of driving my M3 daily, sometimes I feel like some ICE drivers have us as targets in the freeway.