Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE'ing at Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mod note: 24 posts moved to politics. Discussion of politics on TMC is not permitted unless it's specific to EVs. Some posts may not have violated the politics rule directly, but were quoting part of a chain that did, and had to be moved due to broken context.
I think you provided the wrong link, that page is a wish list for OTA updates with 10 replies in the battery and charging section, not 24 posts in a politics related section.

76E00710-F374-4C2A-BFCF-60179CC26EF3.png B948BF91-5665-41E4-BCD1-BAB4D3C71113.png B43AC4ED-BE74-42C9-BE59-ECB5A625879E.png 76E00710-F374-4C2A-BFCF-60179CC26EF3.png Just when I thought idiotic people where calming down I see this!

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Humiliation at the green light from Tesla driving soccer moms. This will all change when the Tesla Pickup is released and they get blown out by an electric pickup. Trust me - the lines will be long. Test it out.... tell them your 0 - 60.... even the slowest Tesla is impressive.

As a prospective Model 3 owner and a guy who owns many other vehicles I say a Tesla truck will be a niche market thing much like the offering from Honda. 0-60 is not really a new truck thing as most limit the amount of power available in the first 2 gears (new diesels).
I do not understand the hate between both camps. I appreciate all forms of technology. My new diesel is extremely clean and fills a void no EV can perform right now.
The Model 3 would be great for trips into the city and its performance is really something. Love the technology in it. Not so fond of the central display though. Many cars before it have failed with a central display. Perhaps an HUD will be offered for people like me.

As a prospective Model 3 owner and a guy who owns many other vehicles I say a Tesla truck will be a niche market thing much like the offering from Honda. 0-60 is not really a new truck thing as most limit the amount of power available in the first 2 gears (new diesels).
I do not understand the hate between both camps. I appreciate all forms of technology. My new diesel is extremely clean and fills a void no EV can perform right now.
The Model 3 would be great for trips into the city and its performance is really something. Love the technology in it. Not so fond of the central display though. Many cars before it have failed with a central display. Perhaps an HUD will be offered for people like me.
I see this a lot on the forums... the whole 'haha your 0-60 sucks' is ridiculous. Truck owners don't give a turd about 0-60 time. I was joking
around with a Model X owner who was dogging my 'slow' truck. I suggested a race. Sure! Ok we will race from Philadelphia to Atlanta. Ohh.... no fair!
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I see this a lot on the forums... the whole 'haha your 0-60 sucks' is ridiculous. Truck owners don't give a turd about 0-60 time. I was joking
around with a Model X owner who was dogging my 'slow' truck. I suggested a race. Sure! Ok we will race from Philadelphia to Atlanta. Ohh.... no fair!
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have never considered the 0-60 of my new F450 important. I have no idea what it is or if these numbers were ever obtained. I was concerned with max payload and range primarily. And with nearly 1000 ft/lbs it tows well.
Truck users are a fickle bunch and extremely brand loyal. Although I will most likely buy a Model 3, I doubt I would consider a Tesla truck.
I am not stopping every 500 miles to charge. And with a 36 foot gooseneck with three Land Cruisers on top where could I charge?

I am a General Building Contractor and there are MANY of us in the USA that would switch over not to save the planet but to save money for our businesses (especially in CA with close to $4 a gallon diesel) and to be able to have 240V and 120V on tap with PLENTY of reserves for powering equipment while doing major demo work when power is down on the property would be a very welcome change, no generators needed on site=WOW, game changer.

On a related note, I used to have an electrician who worked with us that cut off all the power on the property for far to long while installing new main panels, he would wire in temp extension cords and just make things difficult for us, we had to beg him for a couple temp outlets! he finally earned the nickname "Candlelight Electric"

Reactions: shrspeedblade
I have never considered the 0-60 of my new F450 important. I have no idea what it is or if these numbers were ever obtained. I was concerned with max payload and range primarily. And with nearly 1000 ft/lbs it tows well.
Truck users are a fickle bunch and extremely brand loyal. Although I will most likely buy a Model 3, I doubt I would consider a Tesla truck.
I am not stopping every 500 miles to charge. And with a 36 foot gooseneck with three Land Cruisers on top where could I charge?

By that time the semi trucks should be out in the wild and the rate of supercharge should be higher as well with version 3 so you may be able to charge faster and use those semi charging locations... What is the range of your F450 on a single tank BTW?

By that time the semi trucks should be out in the wild and the rate of supercharge should be higher as well with version 3 so you may be able to charge faster and use those semi charging locations... What is the range of your F450 on a single tank BTW?

I've never driven it empty for any distance but I went from my home to Belle Fourche towing about 12k. That is 500 miles or so.

I have never considered the 0-60 of my new ___ important. I have no idea what it is or if these numbers were ever obtained. I was concerned with ___ and ___ primarily.
I'm guessing that a "fill in the blanks" of your quote above is true for most people, and the actual answers would would be extremely varied and evenly distributed. Most of us here love our Teslas, but for reason many (most?) people wouldn't put at the top of their lists. (Not sure what my point is... just rambling. :))

With a 48 gallon tank OP towing this 36 foot gooseneck loaded would be getting 7 mpg i'm guessing? so looking for fuel every 300 miles? if he is seeing 8 mpg then looking at 350 miles for sure, just my best guess as it depends heavily on terrain.

Yup. That is about right on. That load is around 24K. But with 3 paying for fuel it's not bad! And with the giant drinks these young guys are pounding back there is no way to even get to 300 miles before somebody need to empty.

• Funny
Reactions: gilscales