Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'd rather have my 'ModelXMas' show than...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd rather have my 'ModelXmas' show than the Quick Connection Phone Dock and BioWeapons Defense Mode.

I'd trade those two in a heartbeat to get back the EasterEgg light show.

Do you enjoy watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, drinking eggnog, and listening to Bing Crosby's White Christmas in January?

Perhaps the ModelXMas show will be back for the next holiday season.;)

I don't really like attention and never show off the vehicle. But the few times I've showed the xmas EasterEgg (to close family or friends), I've gotten very positive feedback and it delighted everyone. I too worried about issues with the fw doors. After the first showing, my passenger door now clicks every time on opening.

Personally, I think this would be a perfect QA test for the Model-X. They should run this show 100 times to test that those doors are working flawlessly.

I'd rather have the show than a "sunshade"?? No way that's gonna happen. I'd rather have a sunshade than my X!!!

By the way I never did the show on my X, I was worried about potential stress on the wings

I didn't realize it was gone but would like to have it back, just in case I want to play it one more time

That said, I think for the next one (if there is going to be one), they should program in a wave to be used by as many Model Xes as they can line up. Park them all next to each other (or in a big circle), all type in the code and then one car start it. The cars can listen to each other and start one after the other and create a wave with all the wings. Should look really cool if you can get a larger number of cars together (I see record attempts coming up...)

I didn't realize it was gone but would like to have it back, just in case I want to play it one more time

That said, I think for the next one (if there is going to be one), they should program in a wave to be used by as many Model Xes as they can line up. Park them all next to each other (or in a big circle), all type in the code and then one car start it. The cars can listen to each other and start one after the other and create a wave with all the wings. Should look really cool if you can get a larger number of cars together (I see record attempts coming up...)
The full self driving capability will gather all the cars together. AP2 required though! FSDC will be released as an easter egg before general availability.

Next time (or this last time) they should have programmed a certain number of times like 3 maybe that you could do the show. People wouldn't go bonkers and break their stuff by doing it too much and you could really plan your show for maximum amusement. Had a whole audience of Porsche dealership employees ready to watch on Monday and then... nothing :( They did love the car and couldn't stop asking questions about it!