TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

I'd rather have my 'ModelXMas' show than...

Discussion in 'Model X' started by vandacca, Jan 16, 2017.

1. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I'd rather have my 'ModelXmas' show than the Quick Connection Phone Dock and BioWeapons Defense Mode.

I'd trade those two in a heartbeat to get back the EasterEgg light show.

2. McManX

McManX Member

I use the quick connect dock everytime I am in the car, definitely would not trade that.

I only did the xmas show once and that was enough for me

• Like x 2
  3. outie

outie Active Member

Not a chance I'd want the show more than anything else. They should spend their dev time on feature requests than the stupid show. I bought the car to use, not to show off.

• Like x 1
  4. Ormond

Ormond Member

I bought the car to show off. Nothing gets attention like those wings flapping to the loud music.

Seriously, I found the show to be delightful. I only played it twice. I was worried about the doors breaking.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

Do you enjoy watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, drinking eggnog, and listening to Bing Crosby's White Christmas in January?

Perhaps the ModelXMas show will be back for the next holiday season.;)

• Like x 2
  6. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I don't really like attention and never show off the vehicle. But the few times I've showed the xmas EasterEgg (to close family or friends), I've gotten very positive feedback and it delighted everyone. I too worried about issues with the fw doors. After the first showing, my passenger door now clicks every time on opening.

Personally, I think this would be a perfect QA test for the Model-X. They should run this show 100 times to test that those doors are working flawlessly.

• Like x 3
  7. outie

outie Active Member

The doors would most likely break by the 20th time. They know it and that's why they aren't leaving the egg out and definitely not using it for QA test.

8. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I'd rather have the show than the falcon wing doors. Wait... huh?

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  9. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I'd rather have the show than a "sunshade"?? No way that's gonna happen. I'd rather have a sunshade than my X!!!

By the way I never did the show on my X, I was worried about potential stress on the wings

10. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

I didn't realize it was gone but would like to have it back, just in case I want to play it one more time

That said, I think for the next one (if there is going to be one), they should program in a wave to be used by as many Model Xes as they can line up. Park them all next to each other (or in a big circle), all type in the code and then one car start it. The cars can listen to each other and start one after the other and create a wave with all the wings. Should look really cool if you can get a larger number of cars together (I see record attempts coming up...)

11. outie

outie Active Member

The full self driving capability will gather all the cars together. AP2 required though! FSDC will be released as an easter egg before general availability.

12. Maaz

Maaz Member

Yeah honestly I was afraid this would happen. It was a great added value to the car.

13. PedanticOne

PedanticOne MyTesla Refresh Champion

If you really miss the Xmas show, you can always grab a tactical flashlight with strobe and blast Wizards in Winter while pressing the door buttons. Same thing, right? I mean, must EVERYTHING be automated these days?!

• Funny x 1
  14. electricxnola

electricxnola Member

Next time (or this last time) they should have programmed a certain number of times like 3 maybe that you could do the show. People wouldn't go bonkers and break their stuff by doing it too much and you could really plan your show for maximum amusement. Had a whole audience of Porsche dealership employees ready to watch on Monday and then... nothing :( They did love the car and couldn't stop asking questions about it!

15. 00poop6x

00poop6x Member

I'd rather have my 'ModelXmas' show than a Model S trooolol