Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ideal or Cost Effective Home Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is because you have a Gen 1 connector? Which is not really relevant to someone getting a new Tesla.

I have Gen 2, and although the switch inside has been set to 32A, it draws 16A max per phase on 3-phase.
paulp must have dual chargers in the S.

Could do 22kW (32A) if on-board chargers required, even the Gen 3

paulp must have dual chargers in the S.

Could do 22kW (32A) if on-board chargers required, even the Gen 3
Dont think so. 2018 model. Fairly sure its single charger but could be wrong

Hmmm now I’m even more confused 😂

GilR, have you had these issues Paul describes? It’s a fair chunk of outlay if it’s unreliable
Note that my installation has powerwalls, and they have completley corrrupted the enphase comms to the micro- invertors. So although what I have described is what is happening for me, there is always the possibility that the powerwalls are causing it.

Dont think so. 2018 model. Fairly sure its single charger but could be wrong
Early Model S with the nose cone front came with an 11Kw charger under the rear seat and could be optioned with a second charger making it capable of 22Kw. With the new restyled nose came some hardware changes that included a new charger located in the rear quarter panel, not sure which side, that is 18Kw standard but no upgrade to 22Kw was available.
Given the paucity of charging in 2014-15 many early Model S buyers like me opted for the dual charger option. I probably could have done without it but as it gives me 120Km/h recharge rate in my garage if necessary, it has come in handy a couple of times.

No, I have not... I will try and post some pics today when my car comes back from getting its coatings and tinting.
I have a 14kw solar system with a 10kw SolarEdge inverter with Zappy V2 single phase. It works perfectly with no delays using eco++ as you can see in the pictures.

If any have questions or need a very good installer on the Sunshine Coast let me know.

IMG_4126.JPG
IMG_4124.JPG

Reactions: Big Earl and Leeroy
If you have a supported inverter or can push the required values yourself, have a look into signing up to the beta of chargehq.net

Doesn't matter how the car is plugged in (UMC, HPWC or 3rd party). It ups and downs the amps or whether charging on the car side.

Reactions: Leeroy