TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Idle Fee - SC Map

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by KArnold, Jun 26, 2017.

1. KArnold

KArnold Member

If I am out of sight of my charging vehicle, can I look on my phone for current occupancy? I didnt think the Tesla SC search listed occupancy. Is any URL doing that?

Thank you.

2. Veritas1980

Veritas1980 Electric Viking

Not that I know of.

But you will get a notification on your phone when you are close to done and there is 50%+ occupancy, telling you that you might get fees if you stay plugged in.

3. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

I wish they had implemented this feature sooner. This is awesome and hopefully help with the overcrowding of SC spot where people tends to abuse it. Like leaving it charging and going to the mall, watch a movie, dinner, costco, etc., where they spend a lot longer than needed.

4. Buster1

Buster1 Member

Noob question: so how does Tesla know it's "you" when charging? And how do they actually bill you?

5. BigD0g

BigD0g Member

The car and the charger "talk" to each other and each car has a unique identifier that get's logged. They charge you in your MyTesla page and you pay when you bring your car in for service. You can also add a CC to your account as well for fees.