Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If 8.0 ships tomorrow everyone's next Tesla payment is on me!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which time zone? :)

Local time on whatever Model S gets it. "Ships" would mean that software downloads have started and it would count even if the first one hasn't installed and rebooted until after midnight but I think for the OPs promise to stand, there has to be proof that the car *started* to receive the update prior to midnight local time.

We could also infer that "ships" really means that the update has been queued on Tesla's servers for download for a select subset of non NDA customers even if no actual Model S has downloaded it yet, but that might not be possible to prove. Additionally, I wouldn't consider shipped of those customers are special friends or family of the company. To ship, it needs to go out to customers that have no special treatment affiliation with Tesla. A press release by Tesla at just before midnight saying they've shipped would not be valid evidence in my opinion. A customer that can verify that they have a software update to install, and that they're on the latest update already, and that they post photo or video evidence shortly after midnight, I'd take that as proof that the update was downloaded prior to midnight and ready to install especially if there's uninterrupted video of the entire installation process eliminating the possibility that the car got another update minutes after installing the last 7.1 minor update.

I have a quick question for the CAMERA experts amount us.

So I plan on posting a brief informal video of 8.0 as soon as it is released, just a first look. However, what can I do to remove or mitigate the flickering and lines from being captured when I film the 17 inch??

I have GoPro Hero 4 Black, Canon DSLR, and iPhone 6 (7+ is still preparing for shipment). What do you recommend that I use?

Thanks

I have a quick question for the CAMERA experts amount us.

So I plan on posting a brief informal video of 8.0 as soon as it is released, just a first look. However, what can I do to remove or mitigate the flickering and lines from being captured when I film the 17 inch??

I have GoPro Hero 4 Black, Canon DSLR, and iPhone 6 (7+ is still preparing for shipment). What do you recommend that I use?

Thanks

You'd need to scan sync somehow. Don't think it's easily doable.