Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you do not mind, Please post your trade in offer from Tesla so we can compare note

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still not seeing s85's selling for under 60 on eBay (clean titles), so the 50 offer was a pretty low ball.

Tesla made turning the car in into a big rush. Then they took 3 weeks to send appraiser, leaving my aunt and uncle twisting. Then they changed offer from 50 to 42 throwing potential monkey wrench into their migration North.

He took the car to Carmax and got $50 cash. Of course jammed on the sales tax, and was tempted to cancel his order.

Major process sequence failure. Seems they're using typical abusive slimeball used car sales tactics instead of carving a new Tesla Signature sales experience path to the trade in process, and burning a lot of hard built goodwill in the process.

Seems really dumb. Hope they rethink process.

It's my impression they're still not fully up to speed on how to do these trades. I don't think this is an intentional process so much as bumbling through it.

Are you sure that "40k" isn't the buy-back guarantee?

Tesla didn't offer lease in Canada on the 2012 and 2013's that are coming available used.

Both of the S85 leases I have reviewed taking over were third party leases at ~$1500/mo with cash buyout of just under $50K in one year from now. That puts the ceiling for 2016 prices for used S85 IMHO.

Taking over a lease would be just under $70K total spend, which is not compelling compared to CPO well optioned 2012 and early 2013 P85's going for $74K CDN, my thoughts are less on waiting and more on buying...DAMN YOU CPO!! ;-)

Comparison to new : $85K for new 70D with AWD (auto pilot optional at this price).
The AWD is hard to give up, but the 70D has less range/performance/options than CPO P85's.