Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you had to do it again, would anyone NOT get the white interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have white, would repeat.

had a loaner recently with a similar build date to my car that had black, I found that they seemed slightly stiffer. May have been a mental thing from reading other people saying that, but as far as personal experience went, it felt a little stiffer.

I really like the alcantara on the door panels in the black interior, but other then that, I’m happy I went white!

If zero maintenance is your thing, then black.

Tell that to the people on other threads with their black headrests getting blistered and their white stains on their black seats. Black is not zero maintenance, so why chop your head off to spite your neck by getting a black interior?? Live life to the fullest, and get white!

Last edited:
Never considered the white interior because I thought it would be a disaster with two kids, but as I did as search here I can't seem to find anyone that doesn't love the white. Am I missing any downsides?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

My girlfriend has the MSM with white which I really love, but I love my Pearl White P3D- with the black interior and that awesome wood trim. I wouldn't change a thing! :)

I had white 1st time around and loved it. Went with black on my Y because my wife would stress about the kids staining the seats. Tried to reassure her that the seats would be fine but in the end decided the stress wasn't worth it and went with black on the Y. If it was just me I'd definitely go white again.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Today is October 14th, and it "only" got to 99 degrees. The next 4 days will be about 100 degrees. We topped out at 122 degrees about a month ago. White interior... every. single. time. (for me). Even if it weren't super-hot 6 months out of the year here, I'd still go white. Very easy to keep clean (1 year/17K miles) and I've wiped them down with meguiar's interior detailer spray twice, both times before I noticed any dirt that needed to be removed, just because I was already going to vacuum anyhow so might as well run a clean rag over the seats.

Stays cool, not hard to keep clean. Family of four, 2 kids in mid-teens.

Reactions: Need
2 years in, I still like my white seats. Would do it again. Agree with the issues of a little added glare though (need to cover the white dash trim). Also makes your tints look less dark, which means you have to go darker and risk tickets if its ever measured by a cop (ceiling shades help a lot here though and also cut down on heat radiation in the summer). Also any fit and finish issues are more likely to show with white. Still worth it IMO though.

The mother of all white Tesla interiors.. yes it was a thing in 2012 ✅ and yes if I ever replace my 2012 Sig. It would likely be a white interior if available.

Although not visible in this picture the seats are white just like the door trim panel and the dash panels that are visible. The headliner is also White.

FB_IMG_1602736564947.jpg

Last edited: