Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm living proof the Model S is the safest car ever made!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ohhh, you're poor baby! But then again, 'Way to go, Baby!' Glad to hear you're ok, and best thoughts go out to the other driver - no matter how you look it - it's a ****** situation.
About how fast were you moving and about how fast was the other car moving (best guess or perhaps the first responders told you)?

@jdovi I also am very glad that you were uninjured. I hope you have gotten a replacement Tesla by now.

I thought you might like to know that I bought your crashed car yesterday at the insurance auction. I'm eagerly awaiting for it to be brought out here to Oregon so I can give it a new life.I'm so excited to get my first Tesla!

My plan for it involves some pretty heavy modifications. It won't be nearly as beautiful or safe as the stock Model S, but it certainly should be interesting. I'll elaborate on that in another post since I don't want to hijack this one.

I finally received my replacement Model S. Needless to say, I love it! Went for the P85 option this time around as well as several new options like performance seats, Alcantara headliner, red brake calipers, yacht floor, Spoiler.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 758
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 735
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 746
Congratulations. Talk about a Silver lining ;)
Isn't it your old car that is now being converted into a stretched VW camping wagon?
http://cafeelectric.com/stretchla/

Yes, the wrecked car not only saved the OP's life, but is getting its own second chance at life. Here's a news story posted today:
This zippered VW Bus is getting a Tesla Model S drivetrain [w/video]

And Otmar himself is on TMC as was pointed out above: EV Hacker awaiting delivery of my first Model S
(it is now delivered and you can watch the movie).

Last edited:
Thank God for the safety of this car.

WOW, now there's a claim Tesla can use... The first car designed by god !!!

- - - Updated - - -

WRT the MS being a crash magnet, I've been keeping an eye on one part of MS driving that has me worried. This point has nothing to do with this particular accident but I am continually worried that I have a habit of being the first one into the intersection after the light turns green. MS just lends itself to hovering the foot over the accelerator (creep off) and moving the instant you press the accelerator. There are none of the inherent delays of ICE which means your the first one in the intersection to meet up with anyone running the light. Again, there is no indication that this occurred here. I'm just pointing it out as one of my concerns WRT my own driving.

I agree. First into the intersection 'would' put you at greater risk of encountering a red light runner. So, there's another idea for a new feature... Cross traffic warnings for red light runners. I think Volvo already has this or something similar, so it would be neat to have it on the MS as well.
Cheers, Greg.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes it's not good to be the first car into the intersection. [arondaniel]

View attachment 32512

Beware of the lane choice not already blocked by dead steel. If you make the unblocked choice, stop to peer down the empty alleyway for the dreaded IBOOH!!

Drive your MS like you were on a motorcycle. :scared:
--
If the turning driver drove into the 'correct' center lane, there would be little chance of being rear-ended by the bat out of hell driver.

I am seeing this two years after your accident and am thankful that you are OK. I was in traffic court for a ticket that I am (successfully?) fighting and I was completely shocked at the number of people there for running reds. I was number 30 out of 120 and only two before me were there for speeding. There were 3 no licences and the rest were all from running the light. I learned a long time ago to look both ways at every intersection after almost being T-boned and this experience at court reinforced it completely. How many F-ing idiots are there out there? Way, way too many. Sorry for the harsh language, but it simply amazes me how many complete and utter self absorbed idiot morons there are in our country who take absolutely no ownership for their actions. I thank my parents for instilling different priorities in me.

I am thankful that you are OK and hope that you were able to either repair or replace your beautiful lady.

I agree with you 100% and checking both ways before entering an intersection (even when the lights are green as you approach) has saved me from an horrendous crash once when some loon just barrelled through a red light at a good 40 mph. Had I not seen him coming, we would have met in the middle and that, as they say, would have been that! Truth is, hardly anyone does. Next time you are on foot at a junction, just take a few moments and see how many drivers look left and right before entering the junction. It is hardly rocket science!

I simply cannot believe my eyes when I see people trusting their lives and that of their families to a simple tungsten lamp filament and/or the standard level of attention that most drivers afford their driving. Worse still are pedestrians on crossings - they seem to believe that the pretty lights and road markings of their crossing can suspend the Laws of Physics whilst they are in the road. They can't which is why when they are half-way across the road and haven't thought or bothered to look, they get wiped out by the driver who isn't looking either!