Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In-app Supercharger status?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dmurphy

Supporting Member
I’ve noticed recently that more and more Superchargers are no longer reporting the # of empty stalls in the Tesla app.

here in NJ - our “local Superchargers” are 1/4 on reporting.

Started with Parsippany- it stopped displaying when it reopened after the (power company) fire.

Then, when Boonton (a new station) opened - it never reported stalls in use.

Now, Basking Ridge dropped out.

Is it just a string of bad luck with these, or is this functionality slowly going away?

622C895C-1367-4BAA-9676-52387CEE1199.jpeg

I've observed this as well. But it doesn't appear to be functionality that's going away, because I see the same stations at another time reporting stall info.

I've yet to figure out the pattern for this. At one point, I thought they didn't show # of stalls when the # available reached 0, but that's definitely not it. There's a new station near me (North Bend, WA), and I've seen availability info for it (though the total # of stalls number listed for that location has changed several times in the app).

I've also noticed that the # on that page will not update if you leave that page open. You need to go back to the main page & re-open the charging page to get it to refresh.

I've always noticed you have to refresh the App to find out updated information.

I've never seen a lack of reporting like this though. That being said, I question how accurate the numbers are. The one by my house has never shown it being used. At all times every stall is shown to be available, while the next 3 vary throughout the day.

Reactions: dmurphy
I've never seen this information in the app that I recall. At least now they are all not shown. It is shown, always, in the car navigation system. Once it was off with "1 free stall" which was disabled.

I figure their logic is that this information is "need to know" and that you only need to know it when you are actually in the car.

Maybe there is a threshold for display, and if the number of stalls free is 50%, 75%, or more than 2, then details not shown on the app. You see there 10/12, so you'd need to collect all the numbers that you see to judge the pattern. And cross-reference the car dash map.