TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

In-app Supercharger status?

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by dmurphy, Jan 14, 2020.

1. dmurphy

dmurphy Woof.

I’ve noticed recently that more and more Superchargers are no longer reporting the # of empty stalls in the Tesla app.

here in NJ - our “local Superchargers” are 1/4 on reporting.

Started with Parsippany- it stopped displaying when it reopened after the (power company) fire.

Then, when Boonton (a new station) opened - it never reported stalls in use.

Now, Basking Ridge dropped out.

Is it just a string of bad luck with these, or is this functionality slowly going away?

622C895C-1367-4BAA-9676-52387CEE1199.jpeg

2. MarkBrokeIt

MarkBrokeIt Supporting Member

I've observed this as well. But it doesn't appear to be functionality that's going away, because I see the same stations at another time reporting stall info.

I've yet to figure out the pattern for this. At one point, I thought they didn't show # of stalls when the # available reached 0, but that's definitely not it. There's a new station near me (North Bend, WA), and I've seen availability info for it (though the total # of stalls number listed for that location has changed several times in the app).

I've also noticed that the # on that page will not update if you leave that page open. You need to go back to the main page & re-open the charging page to get it to refresh.

• Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. toolman335

toolman335 Member

I've always noticed you have to refresh the App to find out updated information.

I've never seen a lack of reporting like this though. That being said, I question how accurate the numbers are. The one by my house has never shown it being used. At all times every stall is shown to be available, while the next 3 vary throughout the day.

• Like x 1
  4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Your luck.

5. user212_nr

user212_nr Member

I've never seen this information in the app that I recall. At least now they are all not shown. It is shown, always, in the car navigation system. Once it was off with "1 free stall" which was disabled.

I figure their logic is that this information is "need to know" and that you only need to know it when you are actually in the car.

Maybe there is a threshold for display, and if the number of stalls free is 50%, 75%, or more than 2, then details not shown on the app. You see there 10/12, so you'd need to collect all the numbers that you see to judge the pattern. And cross-reference the car dash map.