Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

in Production 90d - Enhanced AP + F-S-Driving Capability?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although not clarified by Tesla, my assumption was that the four Enhanced cameras would be the three forward facing and the one now-intelligent rear camera. The four cameras mounted on the car's side would be the four added with the Self Driving option.

The email about upgrading from AP Convenience Features to Enhanced AP had additional information not in the design studio:
EAP-WhichCameras.png

So now we know which 4 cameras are used by EAP:
  • The main forward looking camera
  • The two rear-facing side cameras
  • One of the remaining forward looking cameras. (We don't know if it is the wide angle or long range camera.)

Hey Jeff, can you please site your source to your quote above? As I understood Elon's announcement, he will be turning on functions of the FSDC throughout the year, with the full FSDC being fully demonstrated by the end of next year, with a cross country drive from Los Angeles to New York. This drive will be with literally no intervention from the occupant, including no need to get out to plug in the SuperCharger. This is straight from the press conference, at 6 minutes and 30 seconds into the call as an answer to the question from Jack Stewart with Wired.

Musk Isn't Waiting For 2020s; All Teslas Being Built With Self-Driving Gear Now

It was from links like these that I got the idea that the "Full Level 5" FSDC will only be in operation by 2020 but just goes to show you can't believe everything you read, I would love to be proven wrong, but I do think that it's a system that would have to prove itself capable and Tesla will probably start things of slow.

The email about upgrading from AP Convenience Features to Enhanced AP had additional information not in the design studio:
View attachment 199805
So now we know which 4 cameras are used by EAP:
  • The main forward looking camera
  • The two rear-facing side cameras
  • One of the remaining forward looking cameras. (We don't know if it is the wide angle or long range camera.)
I wouldn't think it would be the wide angle, because they say "...two redundant forward facing...". The wide angle wouldn't be redundant, as it's field of view vastly reduces it's focal length. The other two cover a more similar field of view. It makes sense also, because the EAP is still being advertised primarily for ramp-to-ramp. The wide angle camera has been listed as being used primarily for intersections (traffic signs, lights, and pedestrians).