Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inability to download software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
with full internet connectivity my car will not download latest software. St the bottom of the screen it gives the usual statement saying I should connect to WiFi to download. There is a sliver of green at the left of the download bar.

Am I doing something wrong?

Why do you think that there is software available for your car? My guess is that there is probably nothing there
Sounds like they see this.
IMG_0677.jpeg

The internet is running two computers an iPad and several iPhones. No problem there.

I don’t know how to reboot the Tesla other than pushing both wheels on the steering wheel which I thought was just rebooting the screen.
That is a soft reboot, hold down the brake too.

Also are the iPad and Macs connected to the SAME router as the car are do you have an extender (access point) for your garage?

1. Are you sure your WiFi internet is not down? If not try rebooting your router.
  2. Is it connected to an Access Point? If so try rebooting it.
  3. Next try (hard) rebooting your Tesla
A good point you make. Just because a person sees full signal strength for WiFi in the car, it could just mean that the car is seeing the WiFi signal, but can't connect properly. There can be situations where a router is locked up, yet still transmitting the WiFi signal. I agree that restarting router or access point, etc is worth a trying. And also delete the WiFi connection from the car and re-enter it (SSID and password).

with full internet connectivity my car will not download latest software. St the bottom of the screen it gives the usual statement saying I should connect to WiFi to download. There is a sliver of green at the left of the download bar.

Am I doing something wrong?

I had the same problem. You will need to schedule a service appointment through the app and tell them your problem. Same thing happened to me last week and they were able to remotely push the update to my car. I made an appointment and 2 days later they texted me saying that the update should have made it to my car and sure enough it was there. Just mention your problem in the appointment notes. They said this happens occasionally.