Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana Tesla owners and future owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lafayette Supercharger

any updates on the supercharger in Lafayette?
eagerly waiting for it so I can travel from Chicago to indy w/o worrying
thanks!
A Tesla rep in Chicago promised one by early 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone else heard about a possible showroom at the Fashion Mall/Keystone at the Crossing?
Opened late Dec. 2013. Also 6 charger spaces in the parking garage near Saks.

Charger Between Indy and Chicago

Early this year is what a Tesla rep told me...

Any ideas where to charge between Indy and Chicago that is faster than a Nissan dealership that does 20 mi per hour?

I have used two. INSource in Merrillville (Just west of US 30 and I-65 interchange. They have 5 level-2 chargers. The chargers are located in their west parking lot in front of building.

The second is located at the Renesslaer Hospital. It is a 240 plug located at the rear of the hospital (It's a little known secret). It was installed for doctors. However, others can use it as long as doctors are not. Right now it is the fastest I have found (25-30 kws per hour) between Indy and Chicago. I am patiently waiting for the Lafayette Super Charger to fire up!

I have used two. INSource in Merrillville (Just west of US 30 and I-65 interchange. They have 5 level-2 chargers. The chargers are located in their west parking lot in front of building.

The second is located at the Renesslaer Hospital. It is a 240 plug located at the rear of the hospital (It's a little known secret). It was installed for doctors. However, others can use it as long as doctors are not. Right now it is the fastest I have found (25-30 kws per hour) between Indy and Chicago. I am patiently waiting for the Lafayette Super Charger to fire up!

Thanks for the tips. Plugshare only identified the Nissan dealership in Merrillville. I will definitely check these out. Thanks!

Still waiting for the Lafayette supercharger. Any updates?

Does anyone know of a good charging location along Highway 41 between Chicago and Clinton, IN? I tried looking up RV parks. Have family that will need a full charge from O'Hare airport which only has 2 J1772 stations I believe so in case they were full and the Oakbrook Tesla store (also only 2 charge stations) they would have options. Thanks.

I'm sure you've looked on PlugShare already -- none right on US41 that show up on that site, but you could jog east to Lafayette to find several J1772 stations, or west to near Danville, IL for an EVSE there.

Closer to Chicago, looks like the small town of Dyer, IN has a 14-50 that could be put to use as well.

Does anyone know of a good charging location along Highway 41 between Chicago and Clinton, IN? I tried looking up RV parks. Have family that will need a full charge from O'Hare airport which only has 2 J1772 stations I believe so in case they were full and the Oakbrook Tesla store (also only 2 charge stations) they would have options. Thanks.

I've driven my tesla with the 60 kWh battery from Arlington Heights, IL down to Turkey Run State park 3 times now for a nice camping trip with the kids. Only had ~20 miles of charge remaining once I got there, but they have NEMA 14-50 outlets at the electric sites there.

FYI, there will be a gathering of EVs in Clay Terrace Mall in Carmel, IN this coming Saturday, noon to 3pm, as part of National Drive Electric Week. At least a couple of Model S vehicles there. Feel free to come show off your ride, or take a look at the other EV options available in our non-CARB state... I'll have my Focus Electric there, but will still be drooling on the Teslas :)

National Drive Electric Week Event - Indianapolis

Hello All,
I will be having my Model S delivered today in a few hours from Columbus, OH.
I just wanted to say hello and reach out to any other owners in the south side of Indy (Greenwood, Bargersville, Franklin).
I'm looking forward to getting delivery. A few more hours to go!

Hello All,
I will be having my Model S delivered today in a few hours from Columbus, OH.
I just wanted to say hello and reach out to any other owners in the south side of Indy (Greenwood, Bargersville, Franklin).
I'm looking forward to getting delivery. A few more hours to go!

Welcome to TMC! I'm not an owner (for another few years anyways) but there are quite a few in Indy and the surrounding area.

Since it's been a few hours now, do you have it yet? :)

Hi folks,

I'm picking up my P85D in Chicago next week or the week after and wanted to introduce myself. I live in Mishawaka. I know there are at least one or two other Model S owners in the South Bend/Mishawaka area, and I hope to meet you at some point soon.

Regarding the seat delay-- I received an email about a possible delay a couple of weeks ago, but it turned out to be a false alarm. Mine has the next-gen seats and completed manufacturing earlier this week.