Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction - Tesla Control App for Android and Android Wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things we're working on:
-Predictive waking optimizations
-Android widgets (Add favorite functions to your home screen!)

Recent fixes:
-Turning on the HVAC from Induction would occasionally set the in-car temperature to LO.

Anyone have any other feature requests or bug reports? Things they love? Things they hate?

Just bought it, Connecting doesn't feel faster, although it's nice to see it loading the various steps instead of what I used to do: exit official app every twenty seconds till something shows ups.

Mostly I'd like stuff to happen asynchronously. An example of what mean is enabling HVAC. I don't care when it's turned on, I just want it to happen in the near future. Basically, show the UI as soon as possible whilst retrieving the details in the background. Those details being particularly unimportant for HVAC, door lock status, roof closing, etc.

My real life HVAC example
Tesla app:
Open app,
watch wheel spin for a while,
press back,
open app
realize you're still connected to wifi with a bad connection,
Disable wifi
press back
open app
it loaded, 'awesome'
open HVAC
Wait for it to load
Switch it on
Great,
Realize you're standing next to your car by the time it finally worked.

What I'd like Induction to do:
Open app
App opens instantly
(retrieve details in background)
Enable HVAC
(do whatever you want or need to do, just switch on the HVAC sometime during the 2-3 minutes it takes me to get to my car)

Same for charging, just let me get there asap and show me a cached truth or retrieve the details in the meantime whilst being responsive to other commands. In short, get rid of the first ten steps and I'll be extremely happy with the app.

The worst? Summon, infuriating on EU models (app only). I consider two minutes between wanting to use summon and actually using it 'good'

I actually work in IT, here's some buzzwords for what I want: asynchronous idempotent responsive actions (where relevant, definitely not summon :))

Mostly I'd like stuff to happen asynchronously.
Async connection is already in the works ;)

Can anyone offer help on how to get the app to work on my Samsung Gear 2? It functions well on my phone and the Android wear service is running but the app doesn't appear on my watch?
Unfortunately I don't have any personal experience with the Gear so I can't help much. If it's not too much trouble though I'm sure anyone else with a Gear may appreciate any information you may want to document about your experience.

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone! We'd really appreciate if you rated the app - no need for a full review, just however many stars you think is appropriate. Rating us helps us keep track of our development reception across versions and keeps anyone that may happen upon the app informed.

I installed the app this morning.

I've seen strange HVAC behavior while I've been driving today:
* In the morning the temperature was nice, I didn't need HVAC and had it turned off on the car. However, while driving, every few minutes the HVAC would turn itself on.
* In the afternoon I was driving with the HVAC on. However, every few minutes the HVAC would mysteriously turn itself off.

I wasn't interacting with my phone or watch while this was happening. It might not be related to Induction, but the correlation with me installing Induction strongly suggests to me that it is because of Induction.
Any ideas?

• Informative
Reactions: Casey_S
I installed the app this morning.

I've seen strange HVAC behavior while I've been driving today:
* In the morning the temperature was nice, I didn't need HVAC and had it turned off on the car. However, while driving, every few minutes the HVAC would turn itself on.
* In the afternoon I was driving with the HVAC on. However, every few minutes the HVAC would mysteriously turn itself off.

I wasn't interacting with my phone or watch while this was happening. It might not be related to Induction, but the correlation with me installing Induction strongly suggests to me that it is because of Induction.
Any ideas?
Thanks for the purchase! Did you leave camper mode on? Only thing in the app that interacts with the HVAC at an interval - though it still shouldn't turn it off. Otherwise it's likely a coincidence, considering we've had no other reports yet of similar occurrences. Perhaps someone else with the official app installed is pulling your leg? Either way, we'll look into it.

Couple bugs to report....

Charging current in Induction app says 16 amps but Tesla app says 32. It is indeed charging at 32.
When you change the temperature in the car it turns on the HVAC but it does not show as being on.
Yup, inaccurate charging current is a known bug.

Took a few minutes of playing with the temperature setting to reproduce so that looks like an edge case, but a bug nonetheless. Shouldn't be a hard fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.