Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Information regarding the Model 3 sound system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My "4 different ways" comment was just meant to be a silly joke that if you didn't have any other opinions to share, that I would settle for you saying the same things over and over 4 different ways - just because I'm dying for any info at all on this topic. I hope it didn't come across as a jab at you or about something already said.

Thanks for the clarification.

I feel foolish trying to describe differences when I have such minimal experience and with just some random different music.

At this point, I think it is best if we just wait for someone with more experience to chime in and describe the differences.

My Audi cannot play media through its USB port. You have to use the MMI port (and $35 adapter) to use their very clumsy MMI-to-connected-media interface.

My Mercedes won't play any music from my Android phone when plugged into the USB port. My wife's iphone plugged into the USB port? No problem. It also will not play music from my MP3 player from usb, it won't recognize it, but it has no problem playing music from my wife's iPod.

I listen to music via Bluetooth, but I hope the M3 will be Android friendly!!!

My Mercedes won't play any music from my Android phone when plugged into the USB port. My wife's iphone plugged into the USB port? No problem. It also will not play music from my MP3 player from usb, it won't recognize it, but it has no problem playing music from my wife's iPod.

I listen to music via Bluetooth, but I hope the M3 will be Android friendly!!!
I don't think any Tesla will play directly from your phone's memory via USB. Bluetooth, of course, works for that use case. The USB ports will presumably support a flash drive full of music. But definitive information is still very very limited at this time.