Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is good news. I know how excited I was when I located my motor plate. I think now the Ghost is more or less plug and play. Use to have to have them log in to laptop and do their thing. It was crazy pressure to get the plugs installed under the dash so to meet your log on window previously sent up with them. You can also wait until they go on sale during a black Friday or Christmas sale.

what is the current consensus of opinion about the Ingenext boost for AWDLR vs. the Tesla acceleration boost pros and cons?
It will be cheaper to go the Ingenext route and it does come with additional features that's shown on their web site. The burden comes in play with any Tesla update. You'll want to check ingenext safe Tesla updates web page to ensure the latest firmware is compatible with the modules. Incompatibility has happen in the past. That's why their modules say Nice try. I would say depending on what type of service you would require over ownership of the vehicle with installed module, you may or may not want to remove them from the MCU prior to service. If you are not thinking of using any of the additional features that come with the boost 50, I would recommend the purchase through Tesla for the acceleration boost. The main reason is you won't have to look on line and wait until you see that firmware noting safe with the nice try modules.

It will be cheaper to go the Ingenext route and it does come with additional features that's shown on their web site. The burden comes in play with any Tesla update. You'll want to check ingenext safe Tesla updates web page to ensure the latest firmware is compatible with the modules. Incompatibility has happen in the past. That's why their modules say Nice try. I would say depending on what type of service you would require over ownership of the vehicle with installed module, you may or may not want to remove them from the MCU prior to service. If you are not thinking of using any of the additional features that come with the boost 50, I would recommend the purchase through Tesla for the acceleration boost. The main reason is you won't have to look on line and wait until you see that firmware noting safe with the nice try modules.
Thanks for that. That is consistent with what I had heard but my big concern is the reports that getting the module in and out is kind of a beast? Has that changed or no?

The more you remove the easier it is in the long run. Access to remove and install the plugs is so very Very tight. Also because its so difficult you feel like you might break something. I found long pliers with L shaped end helped a bit. It can be done.!

The more you remove the easier it is in the long run. Access to remove and install the plugs is so very Very tight. Also because its so difficult you feel like you might break something. I found long pliers with L shaped end helped a bit. It can be done.!
Their website states that the installation for the new cars with the r y z e n chipset involves taking apart the dash. More than I want to do