Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an Ingenext Boost SR module for my 2020 SR+. It’s all working great, but according to my Tezlab reports, my efficiency has taken a nosedive. Used to sit around 270Wh/mi. Last 30 miles average is now showing around 370Wh/mi., sometimes as high as 445Wh/mi. Efficiency is showing 63% overall, dipping as low as 22%. I haven’t changed my driving habits. Anyone else experiencing this kind of range loss with your module?

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X
I just got an Ingenext Boost SR module for my 2020 SR+. It’s all working great, but according to my Tezlab reports, my efficiency has taken a nosedive. Used to sit around 270Wh/mi. Last 30 miles average is now showing around 370Wh/mi., sometimes as high as 445Wh/mi. Efficiency is showing 63% overall, dipping as low as 22%. I haven’t changed my driving habits. Anyone else experiencing this kind of range loss with your module?
Yes, but I also installed spacers and wider tires, and assumed it was that. Maybe the module has something to do with it? Doesn’t make any sense though if driving and conditions are identical. Where would all that extra energy be going?

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X

What climate are you in? I've had the Boost SR for over a year in my 2020 SR+, and I usually see <240Wh/mi in the summer, and 320-340Wh/mi when temps go below <50F in Northeast US area. This is just probably a cold weather hit to efficiency. Wouldn't worry too much about it.

I wrote to Ingenext about it and they said that the only thing that could reduce efficiency dramatically is the battery heater. Quote: “If you leave this feature on, it will always put your motor in waste mode to heat the battery.”

I did have this feature turned on and when I turned it back off, my efficiency went back to normal. I was under the impression that it would only heat the battery when temperatures dropped to a certain point, not stay on all the time. Good information to know.

fsd? i've been on it with no problems
Did the upgrade last night. I surly don't like the constant nag on FSD. And, for some reason this morning going to work sitting at a red light for no reason, it just turned off AP and gave me a demerit. No warning, just the orange hands on wheel and beeping. Oh well, My next Tesla may never have FSD or EAP.

I have a 2018 model 3 LR with a 980 rear drive.The inverter went out on it and when they replaced it the plate that has 980 stamped on it is now blank.Is it still a 980? The invoice says 810A and it has this sticker on it P1085693-20-F.

My 2018 LR AWD w/ the 980 motor had to have its rear drive unit replaced, it got the exact same unit that you are mentioning. I contacted Ingenext and they confirmed that I now have a 990 rear motor, thus preventing me from getting the ghost module. 😢 The 630 MOSFET gives it away on mine. I'm pretty sure they aren't replacing rear drive units with refurbished 980 motors in LR AWD models, even if they came with the 980 to start.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, maybe yours is different.

IMG-8850.jpg

Below are some more pics of the swap, it looks so simple. I'm fortunate that my friend is the service manager and my other friend is the technician that worked on my car. Pretty neat to have constant updates from them with pictures, luckily all under warranty.

IMG-8569.JPG

IMG-8570.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Gtech
My 2018 LR AWD w/ the 980 motor had to have its rear drive unit replaced, it got the exact same unit that you are mentioning. I contacted Ingenext and they confirmed that I now have a 990 rear motor, thus preventing me from getting the ghost module. 😢 The 630 MOSFET gives it away on mine. I'm pretty sure they aren't replacing rear drive units with refurbished 980 motors in LR AWD models, even if they came with the 980 to start.

View attachment 897915

Below are some more pics of the swap, it looks so simple. I'm fortunate that my friend is the service manager and my other friend is the technician that worked on my car. Pretty neat to have constant updates from them with pictures, luckily all under warranty.

View attachment 897924

View attachment 897925
Wow. An eye awaken for sure. It's nice that all was repaired under warranty and I would hope the same with our 2022 MY if it ever was needed. I just wonder if they would let someone pay the difference for the 980 or if one can be located on ebay to be swapped out if needed. The Ghost is really what makes ownership such a joy. I guess you can still take advantage of the acceleration boost.

Wow. An eye awaken for sure. It's nice that all was repaired under warranty and I would hope the same with our 2022 MY if it ever was needed. I just wonder if they would let someone pay the difference for the 980 or if one can be located on ebay to be swapped out if needed. The Ghost is really what makes ownership such a joy. I guess you can still take advantage of the acceleration boost.
Yeah, I have the acceleration boost already but was really looking forward to unlocking the full potential. Who knows, if I find a good deal on a 980 motor in the future I may just swap it myself. Seems like service mode would allow me to have the controls necessary to to perform the swap (like draining/filling the coolant), then I could get the Ghost module. I'm sure I am oversimplifying the process, not sure if there is a software lock anywhere preventing them to be interchanged.

Last edited:

View attachment 897915

View attachment 897924

View attachment 897925Im not sure what the p1085693-20-f number is for because i have found it on both 980 and 990 rear motors.My whole drive unit wasn’t replaced just the inverter.On my invoice it list it as 810a.I emailed Ingenext and they say that’s the inverter is for a 980 so at least on paper it matches but he wanted me to physically check and make sure but it’s just a blank plate?Here is a 980 with the p1085693-20-f i found online so im assuming its a 980 at least on paper.

Attachments

• E6470F65-1BB8-42D4-8B7D-E056060ADFEB.png
    E6470F65-1BB8-42D4-8B7D-E056060ADFEB.png
    619 KB · Views: 124