Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have a screenshot of the screen? I updated 40.6 without issues
DC9378F9-8344-46D9-8CB8-772611F2B383.jpeg

It displays permanently on the driving visualisation

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Did you call or dm Ingenext? Did you install without calling them first? You have to go through the installation with them but if so then the module must bc out of date.
The instructions included and on their website do not say anything about calling them. It is all designed to by DIY and a simple step by step guide. I also checked a couple of things with them before purchasing about how to install and setup (eg which side to open up). I can’t speak for older versions or different modules though where you do need to set things up with them through team viewer. I do wonder if they sent me an out of date module though…

Reactions: buckets0fun
. I do wonder if they sent me an out of date module though…
this is what it looks like. It’ll be fine, they’ll send you a package to install or they’ll have a team viewer session setup and have you plug the module into the computer for the ~5min update. Not a big deal, this alert (not hard coded error) will disappear and never return.

Reactions: Bizzwhizz
Update: Ingenext came back to me. They seem pretty stumped. They provided an update for the Nice Try module to version 2.0.0 (why is the latest version not on the one they sent?), but the install fails repeatedly. You need a windows laptop for this (which itself was a pain finding and borrowing a 10 min drive away) and they're about to remote in to try some things. One of the things next is to try the SR update for my SR+ apparently. I've explained it's an SR+ and confirmed it is 980 motor (got the pic from the rear wheel) and they're not sure really what's wrong.

Really hope they can fix it and I haven't made a mistake installing this. It's a little concerning to have the message permanently on the screen and even more concerned they don't seem to be sure what the problem is!

If anyone has had the "incompatible vehicle modification detected" message appear upon installation since they fixed it a while back it'd be interesting to know what happened.

Also, with all this testing, am I meant to power off the car each time I plug and unplug this module or does it not matter?

Edit - also, they said apparently the fact you can't turn off the rear heated seats, if you turn them on with the window switches, is a bug and just how it is right now. Not great.

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpeg
    IMG_0387.jpeg
    448.6 KB · Views: 88
Update: Ingenext came back to me. They seem pretty stumped. They provided an update for the Nice Try module to version 2.0.0 (why is the latest version not on the one they sent?), but the install fails repeatedly. You need a windows laptop for this (which itself was a pain finding and borrowing a 10 min drive away) and they're about to remote in to try some things. One of the things next is to try the SR update for my SR+ apparently. I've explained it's an SR+ and confirmed it is 980 motor (got the pic from the rear wheel) and they're not sure really what's wrong.

Really hope they can fix it and I haven't made a mistake installing this. It's a little concerning to have the message permanently on the screen and even more concerned they don't seem to be sure what the problem is!

If anyone has had the "incompatible vehicle modification detected" message appear upon installation since they fixed it a while back it'd be interesting to know what happened.

Also, with all this testing, am I meant to power off the car each time I plug and unplug this module or does it not matter?

Edit - also, they said apparently the fact you can't turn off the rear heated seats, if you turn them on with the window switches, is a bug and just how it is right now. Not great.
Thanks for the update. So they already remoted in and tried to fix it or that's what they're doing next? Is the module still working as intended, as in you have your performance increase but the error message is still showing? Keep us posted either way. Curious to know how it all works out. Thanks!

Edit - sounds like a bad Nice Try module, especially if they are unable to push an update to it remotely....

Alright everyone another update!

The good news is that it is all fixed! As suspected by myself and others, it was a bad nice try module. I spoke to the guys at Ingenext over email and worked to fix it (if they could) via Facebook messenger. They need a windows laptop to fix these things (updates are only .exe) or remotely access stuff.

A tip if you have a Mac which worked for me - download free trial of Parallels and then install team viewer within that remote environment. They can access things that way. Be sure so give the windows environment the relevant permissions like access to USBs plugged into the Mac. It'll take a while to download everything (including a whole copy of windows) but it works.

He looked at it, and while fixing (they use terminal or whatever it is called on Windows to do everything - seems like complex but clever stuff) he said "no idea how this passed QC", he knows what the problem is and it had the totally wrong software. Also confirmed that the wrong software and the message displaying on the screen won't have caused any problems. I hope that is true!

So the correct software was finally installed in place of the old stuff and he was confident it was going to work as soon as he started installing the correct software as he'd identified the problem as soon as I plugged it in.

He stayed on chat with me while we tested. I hopped over to the driver's seat to test (you can't sit there while unplugging the module - or you get another scary message I saw once saying "handbrake may not be engaged properly and may fail to release" - pretty scary to see after the other warning also showing. Somehow the car had came back to wake as I unplugged the module due to this - he said you must power it off but it'll be fine).

Anyway after moving a foot forward and backward in the garage, no "incompatible module detected" message on the screen! And after an hour's drive today to further test, it is all sorted!

So if anyone else gets this problem (or anyone else trying to update these things with a Mac, I hope this is useful).

Now to enjoy the features, and hope the holiday update Elon referred to on twitter yesterday doesn't further break Ingenext mods!

Alright everyone another update!

The good news is that it is all fixed! As suspected by myself and others, it was a bad nice try module. I spoke to the guys at Ingenext over email and worked to fix it (if they could) via Facebook messenger. They need a windows laptop to fix these things (updates are only .exe) or remotely access stuff.

A tip if you have a Mac which worked for me - download free trial of Parallels and then install team viewer within that remote environment. They can access things that way. Be sure so give the windows environment the relevant permissions like access to USBs plugged into the Mac. It'll take a while to download everything (including a whole copy of windows) but it works.

He looked at it, and while fixing (they use terminal or whatever it is called on Windows to do everything - seems like complex but clever stuff) he said "no idea how this passed QC", he knows what the problem is and it had the totally wrong software. Also confirmed that the wrong software and the message displaying on the screen won't have caused any problems. I hope that is true!

So the correct software was finally installed in place of the old stuff and he was confident it was going to work as soon as he started installing the correct software as he'd identified the problem as soon as I plugged it in.

He stayed on chat with me while we tested. I hopped over to the driver's seat to test (you can't sit there while unplugging the module - or you get another scary message I saw once saying "handbrake may not be engaged properly and may fail to release" - pretty scary to see after the other warning also showing. Somehow the car had came back to wake as I unplugged the module due to this - he said you must power it off but it'll be fine).

Anyway after moving a foot forward and backward in the garage, no "incompatible module detected" message on the screen! And after an hour's drive today to further test, it is all sorted!

So if anyone else gets this problem (or anyone else trying to update these things with a Mac, I hope this is useful).

Now to enjoy the features, and hope the holiday update Elon referred to on twitter yesterday doesn't further break Ingenext mods!
whats your initial impression on the power?

Reactions: ElectricIAC
whats your initial impression on the power?
It is noticeable. If someone had turned it on overnight without me knowing and I floored it would I think "gosh my car feels a bit faster for some reason"? Not 100% sure, because it was already pretty fast and can pin you to the seat already. But it is definitely noticeable. There is more "punch" at the start. Note - this is the SR+ boost so 0-60 is now apparently approx 4.5 sec.

I assume because it is the same 980 motor from the LR/P that operating at that power is physically fine in the long term (it was my main concern). Anyone know for sure that it can't burn out the inverter or something? I am not an expect on the way the module works.

The ambient lights are a nice touch. They do look good at night.

Rear heated seats not much use for me, but nice to have. I hope they fix the bug so you can turn them off.

I did not enable auto-trunk/frunk.

I did enable the auto-driver door. Not sure I'll keep it enabled. Had the door open a couple of times when I was in the garage - could cause more problems than it's worth. It's cool when it works though. Will see long term.

Did not enable any other features - no use for me.

I got it on BF discount so 712 dollars. It's a big chunk of cash, but I think that's fair assuming it continues to work with future updates and any major changes.

Ok, was I the only one blindsided by a brokerage fee? I guess I failed to read that in the small print. Well, NBD but since my wife at the house paid the $50@!#$ dollars, I now owe her a back massage? How is one going to get this thing installed tonight?? ... and I've already tried to Venmo her. No dice..
Lol. They do notate that on the site the buyer pays the custom fees. I was able to pay for it prior to being delivered through UPS’s website which made it easier for everyone