Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
check ingenext ‘safe updates list’ and push update on the car. Car updates as normal. Done. Fin. Drive car. Enjoy new Tesla features and ingenext addons.
Thanks, but I don’t understand. Do you now do all your Tesla updates through Ingenext now?

Or are you saying that when I get a notification in the car or on my phone from Tesla that there’s an update, I just need to check Ingenext’s site first, and then update as usual (through the car or Tesla app) if it’s on the safe list?

Thanks, but I don’t understand. Do you now do all your Tesla updates through Ingenext now?

Or are you saying that when I get a notification in the car or on my phone from Tesla that there’s an update, I just need to check Ingenext’s site first, and then update as usual (through the car or Tesla app) if it’s on the safe list?
Second part is correct

Just installed the ghost module today. My experience so far, physically installing and removing the module is a PITA especially at first cuz the harness it not bent to the shape to best fit the tight space. I unplugged and plugged back in the harness twice and by the second time it was easier. If you have big hands I suggest having someone with smaller hands install it but either way because of the tight space and glovebox frame in the way, expect ur wrists to be scraped when plugging/unplugging the module. Also, in order to make more room to plug the harness into MCU, I suggest moving and slightly stretching the other wires out of the way, and bending the harness of the original plug downward to get it out of the way for harness plug to MCU. When doing the remote setup with ingenext, plug everything in, then plug the usb adapter from ur computer to module. Use FB Messenger to communicate with them and TeamViewer for them to remote access and install.

Performance wise worth it. (got it for BF price) the throttle response is much better and acceleration is insane. I noticed the efficiency of the car was a little lower than b4 the module, but it can be because of the acceleration test runs. The extra features such as wipers, auto door open, frunk & trunk open are great too.

I will update the car and share that experience. Hope my M3 doesn't brick or lose supercharging ;)

Reactions: mrau and TwoK4drSi
Just installed the ghost module today. My experience so far, physically installing and removing the module is a PITA especially at first cuz the harness it not bent to the shape to best fit the tight space. I unplugged and plugged back in the harness twice and by the second time it was easier. If you have big hands I suggest having someone with smaller hands install it but either way because of the tight space and glovebox frame in the way, expect ur wrists to be scraped when plugging/unplugging the module. Also, in order to make more room to plug the harness into MCU, I suggest moving and slightly stretching the other wires out of the way, and bending the harness of the original plug downward to get it out of the way for harness plug to MCU. When doing the remote setup with ingenext, plug everything in, then plug the usb adapter from ur computer to module. Use FB Messenger to communicate with them and TeamViewer for them to remote access and install.

Performance wise worth it. (got it for BF price) the throttle response is much better and acceleration is insane. I noticed the efficiency of the car was a little lower than b4 the module, but it can be because of the acceleration test runs. The extra features such as wipers, auto door open, frunk & trunk open are great too.

I will update the car and share that experience. Hope my M3 doesn't brick or lose supercharging ;)
dual motor?

Great write up. I purchased on the BF deal as well. Good info on contacting them on FB messenger.

Awesome. Mine will be getting delivered tomorrow. Do they call you ahead of time or just say to be at your car with everything plugged in and online at a certain day/time?

Also, when plugging in the unit do you connect both ends prior to them reprogramming it or just the one end first? I watched the install video and they make it seem like just the one end. Could you confirm?

Also, which Tesla software version were you running at time of install? Mine is currently not a version listed under their “safe” page so jw how that all is handled.

Thank you!

Awesome. Mine will be getting delivered tomorrow. Do they call you ahead of time or just say to be at your car with everything plugged in and online at a certain day/time?

Also, when plugging in the unit do you connect both ends prior to them reprogramming it or just the one end first? I watched the install video and they make it seem like just the one end. Could you confirm?

Also, which Tesla software version were you running at time of install? Mine is currently not a version listed under their “safe” page so jw how that all is handled.

Thank you!
I emailed them to schedule an appointment, they are quick to respond. I had everything setup b the appointment time, ie: everything plugged in, laptop ready and connected to module, then FB messaged them. Install was quick they give instructions via chat.

Yeah the video was unclear but both ends has to be connected before programming. I did the video way and had to plug it in.

Running 2021.32.21 which is currently safe, took it for test drive, no problems, didn't try supercharging yet. If the safe update is available for mine, I'll update and report on it.

I emailed them to schedule an appointment, they are quick to respond. I had everything setup b the appointment time, ie: everything plugged in, laptop ready and connected to module, then FB messaged them. Install was quick they give instructions via chat.

Yeah the video was unclear but both ends has to be connected before programming. I did the video way and had to plug it in.

Running 2021.32.21 which is currently safe, took it for test drive, no problems, didn't try supercharging yet. If the safe update is available for mine, I'll update and report on it.
Good to know. Thank you for the info. Much appreciated!

AC, By watching the video it mention to stop before 2.3 and 2.3 shows plugging into the MCU. I take it that both cables need to be plugged in before the they do the program? Just a little confusing.

Yes, the video is wrong, both need to be plugged in or the main screen won't turn on, car won't start, and they can't program it.
That isn't necessarily correct. I was confused about this as well. Since it is such a PITA and could take a while, I wanted to get everything ready before contacting them. They told me that since I already had the Boost upgrade from Tesla I should just connect the MCU connector to the Ghost module but NOT connect the Ghost to the MCU. They then did their programming and then had me connect the Ghost module to the MCU.