Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What options are everyone using? I'm using Wiper Winter Mode but thinking about using Battery Pack Heating. What exactly does that do and what are the pros and cons?
I would think you won't see any benefit if you use the battery pack heater under normal driving. It use to be that the battery needed to have a little heat on it during colder climate to get the full effect of regenerative braking. I don't think that is the case today with all the software changes. Where it will come in to play is if you want to maximize the performance of the pack. Battery pack performance per the older performance models would be 50deg C. I think the ingenext battery heating only gets it up to about 80deg F. That's not really hot but it probably would allow more power from of the battery rather than 40 to 60degs.

Reactions: rlb4
That isn't necessarily correct. I was confused about this as well. Since it is such a PITA and could take a while, I wanted to get everything ready before contacting them. They told me that since I already had the Boost upgrade from Tesla I should just connect the MCU connector to the Ghost module but NOT connect the Ghost to the MCU. They then did their programming and then had me connect the Ghost module to the MCU.
I reached out to ingenext and you are both correct. One of their questions before they send out the module is to ask if you have the Acceleration boost or not.
According to my last email, if you HAVE the acceleration boost then you DO NOT plug into the MCU prior to them logging into team viewer. If you don't have acceleration boost, then you can plug the module into both plugs to include the MCU before team viewer log in.

Reactions: rlb4
I reached out to ingenext and you are both correct. One of their questions before they send out the module is to ask if you have the Acceleration boost or not.
According to my last email, if you HAVE the acceleration boost then you DO NOT plug into the MCU prior to them logging into team viewer. If you don't have acceleration boost, then you can plug the module into both plugs to include the MCU before team viewer log in.
Good to know. Thank you for the info! I have the acceleration boost so it looks like I’ll be leaving my MCU end unplugged. I’d be curious to know what is different on the backend for there to be a different process for with/without Boost.

Good to know. Thank you for the info! I have the acceleration boost so it looks like I’ll be leaving my MCU end unplugged. I’d be curious to know what is different on the backend for there to be a different process for with/without Boost.
IDK. It's hard to say. I would think they would need to remove the AB before they can program for the Ghost upgrade. Shame you can't get a refund from Tesla on the AB.

Anyone still get "incompatible vehicle medication detected" message showing after installing? On 2021.40.6 but that is a "safe" update.

The nice try module on the harness is securely fitted. Thought this issue was fixed? Have contacted them...
Did you just recently install/update? Were you on a previous Version prior? Which module do you have? Boost 50? Ghost? I'll be installing mine next week so I'm curious to hear about your experience. Thanks!

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Did you just recently install/update? Were you on a previous Version prior? Which module do you have? Boost 50? Ghost? I'll be installing mine next week so I'm curious to hear about your experience. Thanks!
The boost SR, so performance boost plus all the extras like auto door etc. Installed it on 2021.40.6 and still on that. It is marked as safe. Still got the message though on the screen which is a bit scary! Car itself works. There's some other problems too, such as not being able to turn off the rear heated seats using the switches (their method doesn't work - they do turn off when you lock the car though). Ambient lights intermittent it seems too, all reported. Don't want to put you off but it's not great so far! Waiting to hear back from them. I'll let you know what they say. I wonder if they'd ask me to update the module, but that'd be odd to send out a module with out of date software.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
The boost SR, so performance boost plus all the extras like auto door etc. Installed it on 2021.40.6 and still on that. It is marked as safe. Still got the message though on the screen which is a bit scary! Car itself works. There's some other problems too, such as not being able to turn off the rear heated seats using the switches (their method doesn't work - they do turn off when you lock the car though). Ambient lights intermittent it seems too, all reported. Don't want to put you off but it's not great so far! Waiting to hear back from them. I'll let you know what they say. I wonder if they'd ask me to update the module, but that'd be odd to send out a module with out of date software.
Did you try doing a power cycle? Power down the car, wait 10-15 seconds and then tap the brake pedal.

Reactions: buckets0fun
Did you try doing a power cycle? Power down the car, wait 10-15 seconds and then tap the brake pedal.
Yes I did. I also tried changing language. I tried to let the car sleep too, and got in an hour later after it woke up - no error! But then foot on the pedal and the error message comes back and won’t go. Not great and a little concerned to be honest! I assume they’ll reply Monday. All I can think is they can offer an update for the module, if the module sent out is out of date.

Odd that so far I’m the only one who had had this message that I’m aware of since they patched it a while back on a 2020 Tesla software version.

Yes I did. I also tried changing language. I tried to let the car sleep too, and got in an hour later after it woke up - no error! But then foot on the pedal and the error message comes back and won’t go. Not great and a little concerned to be honest! I assume they’ll reply Monday. All I can think is they can offer an update for the module, if the module sent out is out of date.

Odd that so far I’m the only one who had had this message that I’m aware of since they patched it a while back on a 2020 Tesla software version.
That is odd. Let us know what happens.