Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, 2024.20.1 seems to have the automatic door functionality now (installing as we speak) — probably a good idea to disable in Ingenext module so they don't conflict. This is a huge QoL upgrade, glad Tesla brought it to everyone! <- Ignore, this is wrong.

Last edited:
I tried to install an update, it failed.

When I went to the car the next day, the 12v was dead and none of the doors opened, but things like sentry mode still worked

Tesla repaced the 12v twice but the car is still dead

I’m having it towed today to Tesla.

My car is out of warranty. Should I even bother removing the ingenext unit? I installed it so long ago I completely forgot how to remove it but I figure Tesla may hassle me for it but if I’m not under warranty does it matter?

I tried to install an update, it failed.

When I went to the car the next day, the 12v was dead and none of the doors opened, but things like sentry mode still worked

Tesla repaced the 12v twice but the car is still dead

I’m having it towed today to Tesla.

My car is out of warranty. Should I even bother removing the ingenext unit? I installed it so long ago I completely forgot how to remove it but I figure Tesla may hassle me for it but if I’m not under warranty does it matter?
I'm sure its too late, but I'd definitely remove it.

Before I do any more software updates I want to clarify something. What they mean with this:
  • 2024.14.6 Safe with the Nice try module installed (Don't do this update if your ghost is plugged in the back on your car, we'll send you an update)
What do they mean "plugged in the back on your car?" Can the module plug in somewhere else (and where exactly is "the back"), or is this a lost in translation thing? I have not received any updates for the module.

Before I do any more software updates I want to clarify something. What they mean with this:
  • 2024.14.6 Safe with the Nice try module installed (Don't do this update if your ghost is plugged in the back on your car, we'll send you an update)
What do they mean "plugged in the back on your car?" Can the module plug in somewhere else (and where exactly is "the back"), or is this a lost in translation thing? I have not received any updates for the module.
In newer models, the installation area is in the trunk area and not under the dash.

How do we get module updates? I get a power reduced message when the Boost LFP is plugged in after the latest Tesla update. The update page says “safe with the update we sent you”, but where is this update they sent? Was I supposed to get an email or something?
Yes, they should send an email to anyone with the older software. You could reach out to them to see if they have a link to share.

Reactions: gtg465x