Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed my Ghost for my 2023 MY LR last week. Instructions are off a bit, glovebox design changed. Cables are not easily identifiable, I say they must do a better job of explaining and seeing differences in the production cars. It took me 2 hours but on my next one it will take 30 mins tops.

The difference is amazing, so worth the money and the extra hassle you have to endure to enjoy that acceleration. I test drove a 2023 MY LR with AB and was not impressed that much. Ghost on the other hand makes it scary fast. Especially while on the double digits speeds, the acceleration is very powerful. Over 120kmph it is slightly noticeable though, starting here it is lacking a bit, no more punch.

The best I could do was a 3.86s 0-100kmph, 20C, 19 Gemini, Hankook, 41psi.
I agree. I had AB first on my 3 and noticed a subtle difference with it but the Ghost Module. Ugh, Brutal acceleration, and I honestly feel it pulls harder no matter what speed I'm at if I need to get around a car or beat a light getting ready to change, etc.

Reactions: hyp36rmax
I'm curious to know how many of you, after receiving an update, regularly return to the Internal Ingenext Module Webpage to disable the "Allow Updates" option. Have any of you experienced a situation where a Tesla update got installed by accident, and you were relieved that "Allow Updates" was turned off? Personally, I've had my Ghost module for a few months now, and I find it somewhat inconvenient to have to be in proximity to the car every time I want to enable this option, especially when some updates are just incremental bug fixes for previous update.

I'm curious to know how many of you, after receiving an update, regularly return to the Internal Ingenext Module Webpage to disable the "Allow Updates" option. Have any of you experienced a situation where a Tesla update got installed by accident, and you were relieved that "Allow Updates" was turned off? Personally, I've had my Ghost module for a few months now, and I find it somewhat inconvenient to have to be in proximity to the car every time I want to enable this option, especially when some updates are just incremental bug fixes for previous update.
I used to enable/disable but since I’ve never run into an “uh-oh; shouldn’t have updated because of Ingenext incompatibilities”, I’ve stopped toggling back-and-forth. What I HAVE done is delayed the installation to see if someone else had the “uh-oh” experience.

Personally, I've had my Ghost module for a few months now, and I find it somewhat inconvenient to have to be in proximity to the car every time I want to enable this option, especially when some updates are just incremental bug fixes for previous update.
You can enable it when you get home and do the update as you walk inside...I keep it off anyway, i don't care for the updates that much.

Reactions: Dysan911
I've got it disabled all the time, to let others enjoy the experience of being guinea pigs(whether for Ghost problems or just crappy Tesla software problems)

Reactions: Dysan911
No. Sorry for your loss ;)
1696026589695.png

Does the app need to be on for this to function? I'm only interested in the power boost ghost provides. Aside from that, everything else should function like a stock car (MYLR)?
The app is not needed for it to function. In fact, there's not really an app. Its a webpage served up by the Ghost module, but only when you want to go in and change features/functions. Once the ghost is turned on it stays in use whether there's a phone nearby or not.

I myself have not enabled any of the special additional features the Ghost provides. You might find some are very helpful.

The app is not needed for it to function. In fact, there's not really an app. Its a webpage served up by the Ghost module, but only when you want to go in and change features/functions. Once the ghost is turned on it stays in use whether there's a phone nearby or not.

I myself have not enabled any of the special additional features the Ghost provides. You might find some are very helpful.
Thanks for the confirm.

Is it actually flash the factory ECU? if i want to totally disable Ghost through the webserver I can do so and it will flash back to factory spec?

Thanks for the confirm.

Is it actually flash the factory ECU? if i want to totally disable Ghost through the webserver I can do so and it will flash back to factory spec?
I'm not sure what its doing(if anything) to the factory ECU. I am pretty sure its just a middleman/translator that sees the ECU calling for ~80% output and translates that to 100% when the signal is relayed to the drive unit. You'd have to check with them.

I'm pretty sure the 'installation' that is done(software-wise) is to lock the Ghost hardware to your VIN, and nothing else. It looks like removal of the upgraded performance requires removal of the Ghost harness/device.

I'm not sure what its doing(if anything) to the factory ECU. I am pretty sure its just a middleman/translator that sees the ECU calling for ~80% output and translates that to 100% when the signal is relayed to the drive unit. You'd have to check with them.

I'm pretty sure the 'installation' that is done(software-wise) is to lock the Ghost hardware to your VIN, and nothing else. It looks like removal of the upgraded performance requires removal of the Ghost harness/device.

That's probably what's happening here. Just intercepting and providing separate signals. Thanks! Just closed the deal, i'm convinced with this now.

Reactions: Vaillant
Question about regen control — anyone know what the stock regen is approximately? I am hoping that 100% with the Boost 50 module is more than what's stock on these cars, as in I want to dial more in, as opposed to being able to set 0-100% where 100% is what's stock on the car (which IMO is too weak).