Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed! Austin MY C Pillars for Parcel Shelf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok folks, I picked up the Parcel Shelf today. $60.
Total all in = $200 ($70+70+60)

It is awesome and you can really feel the magnets when you slide it in and it locks in place.
🥳

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.49.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.49.54 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 579
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.50.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.50.30 PM.png
    3 MB · Views: 500
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.50.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.50.10 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 491
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.50.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.50.20 PM.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 503
Is the car quieter? That's what I want to know.

I am assuming there is some difference because of the materials involved and a barrier, but I doubt it is at least 2-5db where you can make a real noticeable difference in interior cabin sound.

To help deaden sound I may end up added some foam sound absorption material to the bottom-side of the lower trunk cover and to the bottom-side of this shelf, but my '22 is pretty nice inside right now even w/out acoustical glass on the rear windows.

@DealMasterMike glad to see this worked out well!
I've been following this and I just submitted my request to Tesla Service. Hopefully my service center won't be jerks, I don't see why they would. I did notate in my request that the requested parts are not VIN restricted, lol.
I hope they aren't difficult too! Depends on the people working there I guess. When I went back the guys were like, 'How did the installation go?' and were super nice and just helpful people.

Reactions: Silence88
And you’re installing it yourself? Does it ship to you?
I think most people plan to install it themselves. (I think someone quoted that Tesla wanted close to $160 in labor to install the trim for you.) Some service centers will ask you to pick up the parts, some will send them with a mobile service tech, others will ship them to you at an additional cost. (And some will refuse to sell you the parts.)

Reactions: atlchamp
Put in my order. It feels weird having to schedule an appointment for it. I wrote the part numbers I wanted and a note to say no labor needed I'll install the parts. We'll see how it goes.
ha, I thought the same thing! I put in the notes that I didn't really need an appointment, after they gave me the estimate I thought they would cancel the appointment and just let me know when the parts are in, but so far they've kept the appointment.

ha, I thought the same thing! I put in the notes that I didn't really need an appointment, after they gave me the estimate I thought they would cancel the appointment and just let me know when the parts are in, but so far they've kept the appointment.

I suggest keeping the appointment. For whatever reason the appointment allows them to order the part and also allocate the part to your order so no one else can snatch it up.

My SC would give me a call like a few days before the appointment to let me know the status of the parts and moving the appointment back. Once I found out a couple were in I went straight down but kept the appointment due to parcel shelf in transit.

Good luck everyone!