Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Instructions for facelift bumper/fascia installation on nosecone Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You cut the opening on the lower grill of the refresh.

Nice! Thank you. I guess I'm out of reasons not to do this.

Actually I’ve seen what looks like a much better way to do the lower grill. Since the Autopilot isn’t something that needs to be covered the grill is installed behind to protect the radiator. Than you can add the two small black pieces in between the grill and bumper on the sides like with the actual facelift bumper

D1286911-C4A8-4E9B-8EB4-41DCA4AF9D4B.jpeg

Reactions: TheCharlesChen
Actually I’ve seen what looks like a much better way to do the lower grill. Since the Autopilot isn’t something that needs to be covered the grill is installed behind to protect the radiator. Than you can add the two small black pieces in between the grill and bumper on the sides like with the actual facelift bumper

View attachment 493305
What brand is that lower bumper I really like the look of it.

Actually yes. This is what I received from Eddie Gill, the founder, a few days ago (given where with the upgrade, mine will be for sale when it's finally delivered).

The Karstyle bumper project is still very much active and is definitely going to happen. I’ll keep you updated the best I can. I won’t be making any money out of it. Only a loss, but I don’t care as long as the bumper is built and gives people pleasure. It was meant to be a fun project and ended-up being a bit of a nightmare damaged my reputation. But,C’est la vie!

The intellectual property of the bumper is now owned by a much bigger company who are funding the bumper, completing the manufacture, and handle all of the logistics. The project proved too complex for me to handle alone, and the costs were much higher than I was initially quoted, resulting in a big personal overdraft, and I eventually ran out of money. The new owner of the IP wants to complete the development of bumper before making a public announcement. There will therefore, be an official announcement in the non-too-distant future.

All original orders and reservations made through me will take priority, and the selling price of the bumper will not increase. There will be an official notification sent to all reservation holders regarding the status of all order in the near future.

I sincerely apologise for the delay in the production of the product, however, production issues have now been solved the bumper will reach the marketplace soon.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
This approach would work, however the vendor seems unwilling to sell just the T insert.
I think this would be a great business opportunity for someone willing to custom print the part :cool:

Unplugged-Performance-Model-S-refresh-front-fascia-Tesla-emblem.jpg
The problem still remains that the underbite is nasty when looking at the side profile. I think if your gonna do the updgrade, you have to go the full way and change the hood to cover that bottom lip from sticking out.

9/10 don't even notice the difference between nose cone and refresh cars. Personally, I do and I would notice the under-bite as well which would drive me crazy.

I was just responding to what Rayminster was saying:

I think if your gonna do the updgrade, you have to go the full way and change the hood to cover that bottom lip from sticking out.

You don't "have to go the full way". It's personal preference. It might bother a few people, but I think it looks totally fine. Especially if you shorten the T badge so it doesn't stick out so far past the hood.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
The assumption that the snap out cover over that section remains on the refresh version.

Yes, it has more sensor holes because of AP, two to be exact at the left and right sides, I'm just going to fill them with blank parking sensors.
Where did you find blank parking sensors? I've been looking and cant find them. Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology when I'm searching?