Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance pricing

Nov 5, 2020
Framingham ma
So I live in Massachusetts and had my agent shop my MY around. I have a perfect driving record. No tickets or accidents.most were on the $2000.00 range but one was $1235.00 and one was $1310.00
SHOP AROUND!

cedcor

Dec 13, 2020
Carlsbad CA
I went through Costco Connect. It was by far the best priced. Beat GEICO which I was with for 10+ years by 40%. Hopefully the service is decent. 2 car policy, the Tesla adds about $330 for every 6 months. No accidents or tickets.

Itsuo-DC

Supporting Member
Nov 26, 2018
Washington, DC
I was just thinking about this. I updated my M3 policy to replace it with the MY I'm planning to pick up and my USAA policy is going up from $475/6mo to $500. Seems a little arbitrary. No accidents. I'm thinking about whether or not I should shop around but also nothing is worse than having to deal with a terrible insurer when you do have an issue...

AvengerBB

Aug 15, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
I was just thinking about this. I updated my M3 policy to replace it with the MY I'm planning to pick up and my USAA policy is going up from $475/6mo to $500. Seems a little arbitrary. No accidents. I'm thinking about whether or not I should shop around but also nothing is worse than having to deal with a terrible insurer when you do have an issue...

Newer, more expensive car will raise the rate

Reactions: Itsuo-DC

SkynetT10000

Feb 26, 2021
Socal
Esurance had the best rates for me, existing geico was pretty much double... I've never had a claim so not worried about the experience when going through accident as long as its a reputable known company i am not worried about horror stories posted online.. for every complaint there is 10 or more that went well in my opinion.

acarney

Jul 9, 2019
Richland, WA
Guys, I think everybody are over charged for our Tesla insurance. I am working on setting up a mutual insurance company to autonomous cars, especially Tesla. Are you interested to work together on this?
Based on how often people post about huge claims to fix stuff on their Tesla... you better have deep pockets, lol

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC